Lifeguard responsibilities include providing professional and courteous service to every guest, ensuring safety of all patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies, and promote order through administrative duties and facility upkeep. Enforce policies, rules, and regulations of all pool areas to maintain our patrons’ wellbeing and comfort.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards and Core Values established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Monitor activities at the pool to prevent accidents, and to ensure safety of all guests while in the pool or pool areas.
• Caution and educate swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforce and adhere to pool rules and regulations.
• Provide a high level of safety by preventing accidents and saving lives in all scenarios; rescue swimmers in danger of drowning; and, administer first aid when necessary.
• Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility, as well act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
• Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively, and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures.
• Be alert and use logical thinking to assess a situation where life and safety may be at risk.
• Act as the pool’s goodwill ambassador to all.
• Responsible for the availability and safekeeping of emergency equipment.
• Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.
• Greet all guests in a courteous manner in accordance with department operating standards.
• Recognize and respond to all situations safely and promptly.
• Inspect, monitor, and maintain facilities for cleanliness; perform general pool cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or unusual events and/or refer difficult situations to their attention for handling.
• Maintain health and sanitation standards of the facility.
• Comply with Hotel policies and procedures as well as all departmental service guarantees.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and a great attitude.
• Attend and participate in staff/pre-shifts meetings.
• Perform all tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays.
• Must be flexible with hours and/or shifts.
• Ability to maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and team members, and to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Ability to act independently while analyzing data and drawing conclusions from written and computer generated materials.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) year of related experience working in a pool/resort setting and/or swim instructor training; or six (6) months previous lifeguard experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to articulate, both verbal and written concerns, suggestions and ideas, of the daily operations to promote a positive team member and guest experience. Ability to remain calm in stressful scenarios and give directions to maintain order and safety. Ability to effectively communicate with fellow Lifeguards and Management.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to think logically and calmly, and ability to apply common sense when executing written, oral, or diagram instructions, all while maintaining order to ensure our guests’ safety.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “H” gaming license.
• Possession of/or the ability to possess a valid certification in CPR/AED, within the first 30-days.
• Possession of/or the ability to possess a valid Lifeguard and First Aid Certification, within the first 30-days.
• Make eye contact while speaking.
• Possess independent, enthusiastic, and energetic demeanor.
• Ability to positively interact with the general public.
• Ability to work under stressful situations.
• Ability to use good judgement.
• Ability to communicate effectively speak in English.
• Ability to withstand high temperatures, heat, and sun, and ability to work outdoors in inclement weather, as necessary,
• Ability to work in a loud environment.
• Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures including first aid and standard resuscitation methods.
• Knowledge of pool equipment and maintenance.