The Electrician II is responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance of all electrical systems and electrical Equipment throughout the facility in accordance with the standards the National Electrical Code and Pechanga Resort & Casino Standard Operating Procedures.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Responsible for preventative maintenance and corrective repair of all electrical equipment to assure the safe and efficient operation of all components of the Electrical System up to 12000 volts.
• Trains and uses the electrical arc flash protective equipment, in accordance with the NEC and NFPA.
• Evaluates transformer and high voltage loads and perform corrective action using the appropriate tools, equipment, and all necessary Personnel Protective Equipment.
• Extensive experience in the specifying, installation and maintenance of all lighting. This lighting experience shall include interior lighting, landscape lighting, outside pole lighting, specialty LED lighting, operations and repair of lighting controllers, and any modifications necessary.
• Evaluates electrical panels and performs corrective action as required
• Performs electrical projects as assigned by the Electrical Supervisor safely with minimal instruction.
• Maintains inventory stock; responsible for backup systems being maintained at all times.
• Works closely with all departments in the completion of electrical projects such as tenant improvements, machine moves, new installation, and equipment replacement.
• Acts as a resource in the safe and efficient completion of all electrical projects and specifications of new equipment.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities but may serve as a resource to other Electricians. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least seven (7) years’ experience is required. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Combination of experience and education may be accepted.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations are required. The position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as percentage and statistical inference, and fundamentals of Electrical calculations such as Ohm’s law, Power Factor, and Electrical consumption. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Efficient with Microsoft based programs
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, government regulations, and drawings.
• Ability to review, organize and manage service contracts with outside contractors
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.