Golf Service Assistant - PT
Greet, assist all guest and transport golfer’s equipment to and from the golf cart. Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of golf carts, golf shop, golf storage facility and golf practice facility, including the short game area.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• In conjunction with the 1st Assistant Golf Professional and Director of Golf, oversees the daily operations of the golf shop, golf course situations, provides excellent and timely service.
• Responsible for reporting, safeguarding, balancing bank and daily revenue generated by the golf shop in accordance with the applicable procedures and policies.
• Scheduling of tee times and use of the point of sales register system.
• Develop a strong partnership and relationship with vital strategic partners and community to increase visitation from key customer segments.
• Provide golf lessons to guests.
• Coordinate and schedule seasonal golf course programs.
• Assumes the supervisory role in the absences of the 1st Assistant Golf Professional and Director of Golf.
• Monitor and evaluate competitive trends, making recommendations on future goals for the golf shop.
• Maintain a four diamond, elegant presentation of the golf shop.
• Will protect the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Golf Assistant has supervisory responsibilities including departmental corrective action, team member relation issues and forecasting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 6 (six) months to 1 (one) year of cash handling /cash register experience in a golf shop retail or customer service environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid Drivers License
• Clean Driver’s License Record
• Ability to learn the POS system.
• Ability to learn the new software of Front Tee and Opera.
• Enrolled in the PGM Program (Professional Golf Management Program)
• Exceptional customers service skills.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Culturally sensitive and effective in a multi-cultural setting.
• Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
• Ability to work holidays, weekends, days, or nights with flexible hours.
• Some moderate lifting, bending, stooping, and reaching will be required.
• Ability to stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.