The HVAC/R technician is responsible for the preventative maintenance of all heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) equipment throughout the facility in accordance with the standards of Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC).
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Provide preventative maintenance of all HVAC and refrigeration equipment, to include: air handlers, exhaust fans, smoke dampers, outside dampers, variable air volume boxes, variable frequency drives, ice machines, refrigerators/freezers, walk-in coolers/freezers, and support equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Monitor and adjust all equipment to ensure all temperatures are within operating parameters.
• Perform maintenance, which includes, but is not limited to HVAC and refrigeration equipment filters, controls, cleaning of condenser/evaporator coils, ice machine repair, walk-in cooler/freezers, and refrigerators/freezers.
• Maintain and inventories all spare parts and equipment stock. This inventory will be maintained to limit the down time of any equipment.
• Assist in the installation of new package air conditioning units, refrigeration compressor systems, refrigerators, freezers, exhaust fans, VAV boxes, VFD’s, ductwork, insulation, control system controllers, fire dampers, and make up air units.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; at least three (3) years of relevant experience required; or equivalent combination of
education and experience may be combined in lieu of requirements listed above.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or Team Members of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. The position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• EPA section 608 certification, type universal.
• R-410a certificate.
• Valid California Driver’s License.
• Must have computerized building management system experience; (BMS) Metasys preferred.
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Efficient with Microsoft based programs.
• Efficient with BACNET and TCP/IP network systems and the use of different programming languages.
• Ability to work under stressful situations.
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges with a Team Player attitude at all times.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, government regulations, and drawings.
• Positive attitude and professional demeanor
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be a Team player.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.