Banquet Chef de Cuisine
The Banquet Chef de Cuisine is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Culinary Department/area, in accordance with Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) regulations. Ensure the timely completion of all projects related tasks, in accordance with established procedures. Participate in the development and implementation of the department’s staffing/scheduling plan. Provide direction to subordinates on improving job performance and contribute feedback to the Team Member performance review.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Provide leadership and guidance to team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals according to dietary restrictions.
• Identify and correct defects, implement continuous quality improvement procedures, and maintain highest levels of sanitation and safety in all department areas.
• Execute the financial objectives of the operation to include food cost, labor cost, and controllable expenses.
• Execute an active repertoire of dishes to advance the culinary experience of the outlet staff, and be effective in communicating curriculum to team members through ongoing training programs.
• Complete daily and weekly inventory to ensure proper ordering. Establish par for all purchasing, as well as production.
• Protect the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and maintain confidentiality and integrity when accessing Team Member information maintained in departmental files/systems.
• Responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of the kitchen division in meeting set standards.
• Administrative and operational support to the executive chef team in meeting all divisional set targets.
• Must be able to demonstrate new cooking techniques, recipes, and equipment to kitchen staff.
• Execute the daily operation of the kitchen, as needed. Ensure all line staff have the necessary tools and equipment for safe food handling.
• Maintain a high level of safety and sanitation.
• Instill budgetary controls using established budget on an everyday basis.
• Manage chefs, cooks, and line staff in daily operations.
• Set planning, preparing, and serving of all food items and menus. Train kitchen staff on the execution of said items.
• Check all walk-in coolers and freezers daily to insure proper rotation, storage, and usage of all food items.
• Ability to plan, organize, and operate all stations in their outlet.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position is responsible for managing the work of the assigned Team Members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with PRC policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, reviewing, and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, and/or a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience including three (3) years as a Chef is preferred; equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must be able to complete Pechanga’s Food Handler Certification course.
• Proficient with Word, Excel, Stratton Warren, and Kronos.
• Firm understanding and practical application of Health and Safety standards/laws.
• Knowledge of all aspects of kitchen and culinary operations.
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Familiar with traditional/contemporary methods of preparing and presenting local, regional, national and international styles of food.
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.