Greet all guests in a courteous manner in accordance with department operating standards. Respond to guest requests promptly, efficiently and courteously prior to and during guest’s stay. Respond to guest requests for information about the casino and other related services. Accommodate every guest request so long as it is morally, legally, and humanly possible. Offer assistance by providing accurate information on the services of Pechanga Resort & Casino. Handle all duties with zeal, integrity and discretion at all times. Ensure guest satisfaction by maintaining a clean and safe work area. Comply with all departmental Service Guarantees to ensure quality service. Knowledge of room locations, types of rooms available and room rates. Advise and direct guests to any location on property or in the surrounding community. Arrange for special services as requested by the guest by working with the Bell Staff, Housekeeping, Reservations, and other departments as required in a cooperative and harmonious work environment. Review the communication logbook each shift in order to stay current on developments within the Resort & Casino and updates the Logbook for the next shift. Establish and develop working relationships with outside resources to benefit guest relations. Use effective selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services and amenities of the Resort. Efficiently operate a moderately complex computer system (OPERA, Open Course/Activity, etc.). Able to logically and independently plan, organize and complete work in a timely manner. Keep immediate supervisor informed of all issues and refer to him/her with difficult situations. Communicate effectively using verbal, written and listening skills with guests and staff. Maintain impeccable presentation standard of the Concierge Desk.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Comply with Hotel Policies and Procedures.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy Resort activity.
• Able to perceive quality of work, read material and review documents; receive instructions and hear inquiries from guests or staff.
• Assist in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
• Take same day reservations and future reservations when necessary.
• Train other Team Members when necessary.
• Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures.
• Report any unusual activity to management.
• Maintain attendance in conformance with Standards.
• Attend department meetings and any training classes recommended by management.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
• Able to remain alert throughout the duration of the shift and remain calm during emergency situations.
• Efficiently operate the MICROS computer system to record and display sales.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Concierge position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least 1 year relative experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Hotel Gaming license.
• Great smile and a good attitude.
• Make eye contact while speaking.
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Professional demeanor.
• Must be willing to work weekends and/or holidays when necessary.
• Must be flexible with hours and/or shifts.
• Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in clearly and understandably in English
• Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and team members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Ensures the Concierge area is clean, organized and free of health and safety hazards. To report unsafe equipment or unusual situation to immediate supervisor.
• Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest / Team Members in fire or any other emergency situations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.