Slot Technicians will provide technical and service assistance on the slot floor to Pechanga’s guests. The Slot Technician must strictly comply with all SOP and technical standards for slot machine maintenance and repair. Slot Technicians must follow the direction of the department manager and other supervisors to ensure proper adherence to all policies and procedures, including all State, Federal and Gaming Commission requirements. The key role of the slot technician is to assist the Slot Operations team to help accomplish their goals
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a commitment to Four Diamond Customer Service by delivering and maintaining the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort & Casino.
• Provide exceptional Guest Service to Pechanga’s visitors and guests.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Make repairs, replace parts and perform machine maintenance functions
• Understand and comply with all PR&C, state and federal rules and regulations.
• Quickly learn, and remain current, with all technical aspects of machine maintenance for all manufactures operated at PR&C.
• Demonstrate an aptitude for basic math, electrical, mechanical and personal computer skills.
• Ability to work efficiently, accurately and quickly in a multi-tasking environment.
• To meet all other job responsibilities as assigned by PR&C slot management.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory or managerial responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); certificate of completion from a college and or technical school is a strong plus. At least 1 year experience is required in slot repair, or a related technical, computer or electronic background..
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety guidelines, operating manuals, maintenance instructions, and policy & procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must complete Title 31 training (in-house) in the first year.
• Must complete an in-house Introduction to Slot Operations class within the first three months.
• Must complete an in-house course on Responsible Gaming within the first year.
• Previous electronic, computer and/or mechanical experience is mandatory.
• All candidates must be able to read and understand technical documents.
• All candidates must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Basic micro-computer skills are required (word processing, calendar, email, Windows and spreadsheets)
• Must be able to use an “in-ear” listening device for radio communications.
• Able to stand, walk and move for long periods of time.
• Must be able to use a radio including the ability to wear an “in-ear” earpiece.
• Ability and willingness to work any shift and any day. Shift schedules are often variable.
• Must be able to wear a uniform which includes a tool belt and radio.
• Ability to work in a noisy and smoke filled environment typical of a casino floor.
• Ability to work in a noisy, smoky environment
• Ability to push, pull and lift up to 70 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.