The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Manager leads the support, development, and ongoing optimization of Pechanga Resort Casino’s Human Resource technology systems, comprised primarily of Infor’s Global Human Resources (GHR), Talent Management (TM), and Performance Management. The position provides general oversight of HRIS programs and coordinate HRIS projects. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures, and is under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources Shared Services.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Perform analysis of existing HR systems’ functionality. Recommend and configure process improvements and system enhancements to optimize their value to the business.
• Manage HR system enhancements and projects. Depending on the initiative, be involved in all phases of system projects including: definition and planning, hands-on configuration, testing, reporting, implementation, and post–production support.
• Lead monthly review of all HR technology-related initiatives, ensuring HR Directors and partner HR process owners are aware of related activities (e.g., Cumulative Updates (CU’s) and testing requirements, data preparation/conversion, etc.) affecting the organization. Create the process for the distribution, review, and feedback-cycle requiring input from HR process owners.
• Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for Infor GHR/TM platform modules, and represent HR as the technical SME in projects requiring collaborative change management and employee communication.
• Manage HRIS Team Members by mentoring and developing their skills including, but not limited to, the application of reliable and repeatable processes to document low-to-moderate complexity business objectives and translate resulting requirements into technical solutions; design user acceptance test cases and workshops; collaborate with Learning and Development (L&D) and Marketing in the creation of collateral (i.e., job aids, training content, support documentation); and in the foundational knowledge and skills required to maintain data and system integrity, security, and functionality.
• Gather, analyze, and synthesize business requirements through the interview of interested parties; conducti workshops and build relationships/partnerships with stakeholders.
• Translate functional specifications into technical designs and perform system configuration for high-complexity projects, or those requiring elevated security access.
• Develop recommendations on system needs and facilitate the creation of business requirements, detailed functional specifications, process flows, use cases, and screen mock-ups.
• Create processes for managing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance updates and the associated reference material needed for current and future users to maintain the integrity of GHR/TM system data and functionality.
• Investigate and analyze system non-conformance and performance issues, collaborate with process owners, IS, and third-party partners to recommend, test, and deploy remedies.
• Develop automated monitoring tools and supplemental processes to support the ongoing validation of ideal system functionality.
• Lead HRIS team through cross-functional collaboration with the various GHR/WFM/TM/PMS process owners and users to understand the business demands driving recommended/requested process improvements throughout the HR systems.
• Collaborate with external implementation partners, HR, and business stakeholders to ensure technical solution will satisfy business requirements.
• Manage change via strong project and change management methodology (i.e. definition of scope, identification of risks, project plans, resource allocation, timeline, and budget)
• Facilitate project communications to ensure all necessary stakeholders are informed.
• Collaborate to update all training materials, system documentation, and end-user communications are consistent with system enhancements.
• Provide functional and technical support, identify, and troubleshoot system problems. Ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report-writing, and process improvement opportunities.
• Develop, implement, and maintain user procedures, guidelines, and business process documentation.
• Train HR and business users, including developing training materials, user procedures, guidelines, and documentation.
• Ensure data integrity including quality, accuracy, security, and usability of employee data and related interfaces by implementing adequate processes, controls, and backup systems.
• Ensure our HR processes are easy to use, easy to scale, and a source of value and satisfaction for all stakeholders.
• Maintain awareness of current trends in Infor GHR processes and technology by participating in training, user groups, and relevant vendor-sponsored events.
• Maintain understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements affecting HR and Talent Management.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities may include budgeting, hiring/terminations, Team Member relations issues, mentoring, and corrective actions. This position requires a mindful approach to resource management and is responsible for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Information Technology, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field from a four-year college or university; or seven (7) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job. At least 5 years in a management role is required.
Experience in an HRIS role responsible for design, configuration, testing, documentation, automation, implementation, optimization, and post-implementation support and maintenance of enterprise-level, web-based HRIS platforms (e.g., Workday, SAP, Oracle, Infor, Lawson) is preferred. Knowledge of Infor/Lawson products not specific to HR (e.g., Infor Process Automation (IPA), Infor Document Management (IDM), Business Vault, Data Lake, ION API, ION Connect, Birst, Ming.le) highly value strong, and diverse functional knowledge of HR processes, best practices, and trends. Experience presenting technical information and explaining technology-related concepts and instructions to a diversity of audiences is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must be able to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Certifications in Professional Project Management (e.g., PMP, CAPM), Lawson/Infor, other HR technical applications, or HR industry (e.g., SPHR) preferred.
• Proficiency with the intermediate use of Microsoft Outlook, Access, and Visio, and advanced functionality in Excel (e.g., VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, string manipulation, etc.) required to work with large data sets.
• General knowledge of SDLC and relevant technical skills (e.g., productivity/efficiency tools, ETL, etc.).
• Experience in master data management and/or master data governance.
• Knowledge of SQL, Visual Basic, and other data management/reporting languages and skills, with a preference for Infor Landmark Pattern Language (LPL).
• Must maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to manage large-scale projects to work independently, collaboratively, as well as oversee all department projects being led by direct reports.
• Collaborative and inclusive with the end goal of achieving results.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Effective leadership skills, role model, motivator, positive attitude, and must be a team player.
• Budgeting experience.
• Must be highly organized, adaptive to change, and have delegation skills.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must display a high attention to detail.
• Must be able to keep a professional demeanor in stressful situations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.