Under the supervision of the Director of Brand & Advertising, the Production Manager is accountable for the overall function of the production and brand side of the Advertising Department, which serves all divisions with Pechanga Resort & Casino and adjacent enterprises. This position is responsible for managing a team of Graphic Designers, the related project and content management systems and related creative asset delivery to all paid media and on-site digital positions. The Production Department is responsible for internal and external brand assets and overall brand management.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Oversees and assists Production Supervisor with issues ranging from project logistics, job assignments, brand management and other relevant personnel issues.
• Maintains a general understanding of Capital and Operational budgets, within monthly, fiscal year cycle.
• Fosters supportive work environment for deadline driven team, as well as provide positive collaboration opportunities between Production and Design teams.
• Performs other job duties as required
• Responsible for use of internal project management system to develop and maintain regular performance reports relating to production volume, efficiencies, challenges and achievements
• Manage problem-solving and prioritizing of production work flow as needed
• Assists in the creation of Request for Proposals (RFP) for annual printing and production bids with Purchasing and related departments for bidding; analyzes bids from the process
• Monitors performance of related vendors and suppliers to assess continued use, as related to advertising production and the onsite digital network
• Oversees the trafficking of all digital messaging for on-property digital touch points, through direct supervision of the assigned personnel
• Assists with media schedules and ensures timely deliverance of creative assets
• Manages assigned on-property permanent signage projects, from needs-assessment, through installation.
• Maintains brand integrity and graphic standards for all brand identity, image components and animated, by managing the brand expression system’s organization and development.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a management capacity. Responsibilities may include hiring/terminations, employee relations issues, mentoring and corrective actions. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort and Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and seven (7) years of relevant work experience with at least two of those years in a supervisory role is required for the position. An equivalent number of years of experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license from the Pechanga Gaming Commission
• Possess and maintain a valid driving license with an acceptable driving record as defined by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and Outlook) and internet applications
• Professional knowledge of common and emerging media deliverable processes
• Understanding of and experience in the creative process of advertising and materials production
• Ability to manage and prioritize design and media production systems in deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to manage time efficiently in a high-stress and deadline-driven work environment.
• Ability to effectively manage personnel working in a high-stress, deadline-driven work environment.
• Must possess an ability to maintain a cooperative and solution-based demeanor when dealing with supervised personnel, all levels of leadership, operating departments and vendors.
• Previous experience in the Casino and Hotel industry preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.