PDC GL Accountant
Ensures the smooth running of the company's finances by managing gains and expenditures, analyzing financial markets against department business plans, keeping detailed records and identifying solutions to problems in financial processes.
• Prepares journal entries and other accounting transactions, maintains overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, and ensures that financial statements are GAAP compliant
• Prepares supporting analysis of significant estimates and assess reasonableness of assumptions used in estimates and other complex GAAP transactions
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of special reports and complex ad hoc analyses as requested.
• Analyzes financial information to determine profitability and provide recommendations as appropriate.
• Prepares deliverables to support the preparation of the financial statements, and/or requests for information from all business functions
• Coordinate the gathering of information for preparation of presentations, statistical reports, and analysis for management in a timely manner.
• Identifies opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies
• Interfaces with other departments and business units to obtain information required for accounting analysis
• Supports forecast and annual budget process.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Development Corporation and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Proven knowledge of accounting regulations, practices and standards. Minimum of three (3) years of work related experience required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of requirements listed above.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be proficient in multiple software programs, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
• Experience with Sage/MAS200 or other ERP and related reporting applications
• Strong cognitive skills including analysis, problem solving, and attention to detail.
• Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls, and financial analysis tools and techniques
• Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to demonstrate team behavior and promote a team-oriented environment.
• Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Must have the ability to think and work independently and possess excellent time management skills in order to meet goals and deadlines.
• Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to effectively to respond to and interact with multiple levels of the organization
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.