Steak House Cook
The Steak House Cook I produces and cooks menu items using culinary methodology under the direction of the Sous Chef and follows recipes and direction, service quality according to Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) standards.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Follow recipes and direction.
• Ensure quality product is prepared and served in a timely manner.
• Adhere to established portion control guidelines, minimizes waste.
• Ensure the proper handling/storage of all products in accordance with standards and sanitation.
• Maintain the standards of preparation and presentation of all food products.
• Sets up and organizes work area with all necessary supplies and equipment.
• Ensure all equipment is clean and in proper working condition
• Performs work under direct supervision
• Handles basic issues and problems and refers only the more complex issues to higher-level staff
• Possesses beginning to working knowledge of subject matter
• Protects the assets of PRC.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES________________________________________
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• Six months to two years (6m-2y) of related experience required.
• Culinary school certification or equivalent preferred.
• Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “B” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Food Handlers Certificate.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Tips Certification.
• Firm understanding and practical application of Health and Safety standards.
• Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
• Must possess knife skills.
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.
• Possess fluent English speaking, writing and comprehension skills
• Customer/client orientation
• Manual dexterity
• Some leadership skills
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt