The cage cashier efficiently conducts transactions for external customers (casino guests) and internal customers (other team members). Accurately protects PRC’s assets by maintaining accountability of assigned funds. Complies with all company SOPs, and state and federal regulations. Complete all required paperwork and reconcile daily reports. Become proficient in all Cage Department locations; Jackpot Windows, Employee areas, Kiosk, Poker, High Limit, Main Bank, and Vault. Provide continuous Four Diamond Customer Service. The cashier also completes all other duties as assigned by supervisors.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Accurately and efficiently perform customer transactions at a four diamond level
o Front Windows - redeem/exchange chips, cash, coin, vouchers, tickets, checks (personal, tribal, travelers, cashiers), and credit card advances for cash equivalents for casino guests.
o High Limit - issue markers and accept marker payments, receive Front Money deposits and issue Front Money withdrawals, transact high denomination chip cash-outs, verify Cashiers’ Checks, and process Wire Transfers.
o Employee areas - perform exchanges, issue Jackpots, issue Table Fills, accept Table Credits, issue bankrolls and receive revenue, and cash out tips
o Vault - accept drops from CDT, prepare bank deposits, verify sells and prepare due backs for all Cage locations, assemble all paperwork for Revenue Audit
o Kiosk – drop machines, replace cassettes, research customer claims, verify all cash and tickets from bill acceptors, and prepare replacement cassettes.
o Poker – customer transactions, chip runner exchanges, tournament buys ins and seat assignments, tip cash-outs
• Maintain impressed bankroll throughout the assigned shift, by proper counting in and out, verifying all funds and transactions, preparing accurate sells for drawer replenishment and accurately completing all required paperwork
• Record and verify required Title 31 information to NeWave system insuring compliance with federal gaming regulations.
• Provide verification for other Team member’s transactions
• Aid new employees and cross train in all Cage areas
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Outside cash handling preferred. High school degree or GED is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. The position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. The position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Title 31
• 10 key capability
• Data Entry and minimal PC ability
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to multi task and cope with challenges
• Bending, stooping, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Previous cash handling preferred
• Previous accountability for bankroll
• Previous customer service position
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must have a pleasant personality and present a professional image when assisting players.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.