Pechanga Cafe Manager
The Pechanga Cafe Manager is responsible for the overall restaurant operation and productivity. The restaurant manager is to manage the restaurant within the policies and guidelines of the Pechanga Resort Casino to ensure an optimum dining experience and guest satisfaction by maintaining a high level of service and profit maximization. The manager assumes total operational and financial responsibility on all shifts, including proper staffing and scheduling, training, updating and printing menus, monitoring expenses, such as supplies and labor, and revenue enhancement. The manager is expected to work 50-55 hours per week, including, but not limited to, peak periods, weekends, and holidays, to provide overall leadership; recognize and motivate Team Members; coach and train Team Members for operational excellence. The manager directly performs hands-on work on an ongoing basis to train Team Members. Additionally, the manager responds to customer service needs, and acts as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behavior in the restaurant.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Operate outlet in an atmosphere as specified by Food and Beverage management and consistent with “Four Diamond” service and Pechanga Resort Casino standards.
• Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor to accommodate business levels.
• Ensure proper service as outlined in the outlet’s Standard Operating Procedures and Service Guarantees manuals.
• Table touching throughout the restaurant and during the entire shift as much as possible to ensure guest satisfaction and gather any feedback. Must be on the floor monitoring the restaurant operation and guest satisfaction during hours of operations.
• Enforce and train staff on applicable regulations, policies, and procedures to enhance revenue and operation of the outlet.
• Monitor actions of Team Members and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations are obeyed.
• Maintain and update wine list as needed.
• Accountable for the implementation of individual performance standards, including the timely review and evaluation of each Team Member’s performance.
• Address and resolve all guest comments in a timely manner.
• Monitor and control all manager adjustments and voids on a daily basis.
• Control Profit & Loss to meet and/or exceed budget, maintain accurate inventory, manage labor, review financial reports, and take appropriate actions.
• Conduct performance appraisals, take disciplinary action, motivate and train Team Members.
• Ensure maintenance of equipment, outlet, and menus based on Company standards.
• Ensure food quality and food serving is up to 100% guest satisfaction.
• When necessary, act as service Team Member: hosting; bussing; running; or serving to ensure all guests receive Four Diamond service.
• Ensure adequate staffing levels, scheduling, assigning stations, and recording attendance and PTOs.
• Ability to instruct staff as to proper uniforms, cleanliness and personal hygiene, etc., on a daily basis.
• Order supplies to ensure proper par levels, including all beverage and service food items.
• Be aware of contemporary nutritional and health requirements of customer base, including dietary and safe food restrictions.
• Coordinate and staff for any VIP or private functions in conjunction with other F&B events.
• Ensure a safe working environment for Team Members and maintain sanitation standards.
• Protect the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and ensure compliant operation.
• Other duties as assigned.
The F&B Outlet Manager is responsible for the daily, front-of-the-house restaurant operations. This position is also responsible for departmental hiring, corrective actions, termination, employee relation issues, forecasting, and budgeting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience as a manager in a fine dining restaurant or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job. Knowledge of Asian Cuisine (especially Chinese and Vietnamese) is required. Knowledge of Mandarin or Cantonese language preferred. This position also requires a fair knowledge of wines.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. This position also requires the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to use reasoning and comprehension to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems while remaining flexible and adaptable to help ensure the desired outcome.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
• Serve-Safe or similar
• Tips or similar
• Must be proficient in the following software and systems:
- Microsoft Office
- Kronos or similar system
- Micros or similar system
- Stratton Warren or similar system
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.