EVS Utility Mechanic
The EVS Utility Mechanic will help maintain all equipment used by the carpet crew. The mechanic will also clean areas when asked.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Inspect and repair all equipment with the EVS department depending on damage and general wear and tear.
• Clean and shampoo all carpets when ask to assist
• Maintains all machines to be sure they are working properly.
• Stock all incoming supplies.
• Assists in maintaining all flooring, carpet, and hard surfaces when asked to assist.
• Responds to all equipment problem calls.
• Assist EVS Supervisors with job supervision as needed
• All other duties as assigned.
Accountability: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 3 years experience is required/or 5 years preferred to successfully perform this job. This position also requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “B” gaming license.
• Valid drivers license and proof of insurance
• Knowledge of reading, writing and math, ability to speak English fluently
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Knowledge of carpeting and hard surfaces, technical training preferred
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to use, distinguish and know the use of most maintenance tools
• Experience with scan Tool Diagnostics
• Experience with hand Tools, Air Tools and Lifting Equipment
• Medium to heavy lifting
• Perform all periodic maintenance and repair of shampoo machines, buffers, vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, wet and dry vacuums, electric staple gun, sewing machine, carpet plug and all electric power tools.
• If possible electrical background would be beneficial
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.