Human Resources Business Partner Manager
Responsible for the design and implementation of company-wide strategies to promote decisions that are consistent with company policies, values & culture. This position provides business partners with ER expertise and services, including conducting complex investigations related to organizational policies, performance management, advising on a wide-range of ER issues, and interpreting policies and practices.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Provide day-to-day leadership and serve as a primary point of contact on employee relations matters. Lead team to conduct timely, objective, and thorough internal investigations including but not limited to allegations of harassment, discrimination, accommodation, and retaliation and prepare all required documentation.
• Engage with employees and leadership across the organization to enable business strategies, conduct ER related assessments and investigations, and discuss continuous improvement opportunities to foster a positive employee experience and promote organizational culture.
• Proactively identify, develop, implement, and sustain integrated ER-related strategies and solutions.
• Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to organizational policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
• Maintain detailed and accurate accounts of investigations with timely memorialization of the notes and supporting documents into the case management system.
• Lead the review process of annual appraisals through PRC performance management software.
• Proactively establish and analyze ER data/metrics for themes, trends, and root cause identification. Provide solutions and lead change management campaigns.
• Share findings with key partners in order to develop and deliver an integrated plan that links to organization and people strategies, helping to advance the deliverables and priorities of the company.
• Engage partners as necessary, to include Legal, Management and other functional teams.
• Lead project work to include thought partnership, training, research, and other contributions that support the business.
• Serve as a role model, demonstrating the value proposition for diversity, equity, and inclusion and advocating the company’s culture and core values.
• Serve as a subject matter expert and escalation point on policy, employment laws and regulations and is a trusted advisor to leaders and colleagues on workplace concerns.
• Other duties as required
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities may include budgeting, hiring/terminations, Team Member relations issues, mentoring, and corrective actions. This position requires a mindful approach to resource management and is responsible for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Bachelor's degree (BA) in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; as well as seven (7) years of hands-on HR Business Partner experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least five (5) years in a management role is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must be able to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Intermediate Skills. Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers, and ability to multiply and divide by 10 and 100. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. currency, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• SHRM/PHR certification preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficient with internet applications.
• In-depth knowledge of employee relations, complex workplace investigations, federal and state laws/regulations.
• Strategic thinker, with demonstrated experience translating strategic goals/concepts into action plans and implementing initiatives at an operational level.
• Excellent decision-making, problem solving, critical thinking and root cause/analysis skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional analytical, reporting, and presentation skills are required.
• Ability to transition between strategy and day-to-day operations while leveraging capability and capacity of the team.
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize work independently and the discernment to escalate issues appropriately.
• Superior ability to demonstrate consultative and credibility assessment skills and managing multiple projects from beginning to end.
• Demonstrate command with all levels of audiences and approaches work in a positive and constructive manner. Strong influencing and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters with compassion and equity.
• Highly collaborative, confident, and comfortable interacting and communicating with and within all levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to make judgment calls and sound, ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
• Detail-oriented with an unwavering commitment to pursue relevant and accurate information.
• Superior planning, time-management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and be part of a team environment while developing highly effective and valued professional relationships with peers, colleagues, and cross-functional teams.
• Collaborative and inclusive with the end goal of achieving results.
• Must be adaptive to change and have delegation skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
• Experience in conflict resolution and effective negotiation skills.