Finance Project Coordinator
The Finance Project Coordinator’s primary role is to coordinate, organize and manage the logistics of projects involving Finance. This role will serve as the project matter expert for projects which may include up to 20 people, departments other than Finance, vendors, governmental agencies, and may last up to 2 years. The Finance Project Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Finance, but also provides project and administrative support to all four Finance Division Directors and the CFO as assigned.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
KEY PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Becomes knowledgeable in project features, functions, implementation steps, (both technical and administrative).
• Assists Directors and Managers in creating and developing project proposals including business justification, return-on-investment, risk assessment, and goals/objectives.
• Prepares required project documents including budget requests, Capital Appropriations Requests, and Requests for Proposals.
• Organizes and manages project meetings and conference calls including scheduling necessary personnel from all impacted departments and involved vendors.
• Plans, organizes, and directs all project activities throughout the project’s lifecycle including research, analysis, alternate solutions, vendor selection and management, scheduling, development, and implementation.
• Functions as liaison with personnel from outside of the Finance Division as directed including Managers, Directors, consultants, vendors, and regulators.
• Communicates project progress, status, and needs continuously to all parties involved in the projects.
• Maintains project documents, files, folders, and all other project data, both hard copy and electronic, in an organized, comprehensive manner for present and historical use.
• Ensures accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the finished project.
• Performs other relevant work duties as assigned
• Prepares emails, correspondence, documents, spreadsheets, calendars and presentations using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Gantt Chart experience preferred.
• Accepts records and disseminates phone calls, messages, and interdepartmental information.
• Maintains a comprehensive calendar for coordinating and scheduling appointments, meetings, and meeting rooms. Arranges meetings, secures locations, and initiates invitations as directed
• Maintains and tracks department assignments and due dates as directed.
• Performs other tasks as assigned for required segregation of duties internal control.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no direct supervisory accountability. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort and Casino; upholding confidentiality and integrity; and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four (4) years’ relevant work experience is required.
• A combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of minimums stated above.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. The position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. The position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license from the Pechanga Gaming Commission
• Possess and maintain a valid driving license with an acceptable driving record as defined by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
• Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP), systems implementation, systems integration experience preferred.
• Excellent communications skills; both written and verbal.
• Strong problem solving abilities, leadership skills, organizational skills and logistics administration.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines, inclusive of working longer hours when required.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload and operate successfully in a stressful, fast paced environment.