The Utility Attendant adheres to department standards and procedures for all facets of cleaning of all Hotel public areas, Guest rooms, and Hotel back of house areas.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Promptly respond to all guest and patron requests in a professional and efficient manner.
• Adhere to all key, pager, and radio policies and procedures within department.
• Perform all tasks as assigned by management.
• Maintain uniform, grooming, and conduct in accordance with department standards.
• Demonstrate responsible equipment operation and care.
• Use all deep cleaning machinery and equipment to perform all facets of cleaning within assigned areas i.e., buffers, extractors, vacuums, burnishers, walk-behind scrubbers, etc.
• Report any maintenance deficiencies in assigned areas for follow-up action by supervisor.
• Comply with all departmental service guarantees.
• Attend all Human Resources and department training sessions.
• Attend all pre-shift meetings.
• Participate in the positive delivery of Company and department policies and procedures, and the changes to any set policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written.
• Comply with all Hotel policies and procedures.
• Ensure all assigned areas are maintained and guest/patron supplies are maintained at departmental standards.
• Perform all duties in accordance with Health and Safety standards.
• Ability to logically and independently plan, organize, and complete work in a timely manner.
• Ability to perceive quality of work, read material, and review documents; receive instruction and hear inquiries from guests or staff.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to provide clear direction to customers and Team Members at all levels.
• Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or unusual events and/or refer difficult situations to his/her attention for handling.
• Ability to remain alert throughout the duration of the shift and remain calm during emergency situations.
• Ability to maintain attendance in conformance with standards.
• Report any unusual activity to management; familiar with all safety and emergency procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short/simple correspondence, and memos. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “H” gaming license.
• Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays.
• Must be flexible with hours and/or shifts.
• Must work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.