Pechanga Cafe Cashier
The cashier is responsible for correctly handling cash, credit and comp procedures. Properly completing paperwork. The cashier will provide the best guest service. The duties include that of a Cashier and a host/hostess.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Perform assigned cashier duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
• Count and verify all cash exchanges to outlet servers and guests
• Process guest charges including credit cards, room charges, comps, discounts and cash payments
• Reconcile and complete all required daily reports
• Make change or exchanges for internal customers (team members)
• Assist in the preparation of daily bank deposits
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school education or equivalent and at least one year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Serve-Safe Certificate or similar.
• Tips Certificate or similar.
• Ability to use 10-Key Calculator
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges
• Professional demeanor
• Understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and guests
• Prior cash register and/or POS computer terminal and cash handling experience preferred but will train
• Ability to take direction from Supervisors/Managers
• Requires the use of cash registers, calculators and credit card machines. Requires the use of telephones. Requires regular and predictable attendance
• Must be available to work any shift, including weekends, holidays and graveyard shifts.
• Requires mobility. Requires bending and reaching in areas from floor level to 6ft. high. Requires transporting cash banks weighing up to 23 lbs. Requires normal vision and hearing. Requires hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity including writing. Requires the ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
• Work is performed in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy and smoky. Work may be performed in small areas having a 2 ½ ft. access and at a height of 4 ft. Constant contact with staff and guests.
• Make eye contact while speaking
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.