DPS Officers’ role is to provide the highest level of public safety for Pechanga Resort and Casino. They must possess the ability to balance four diamond customer service while protecting the interest and assets for Pechanga Resort and Casino. DPS Officers’ are required to report and handle issues that violate Pechanga policies and procedures; maintain a safe environment for all patrons and Team Members,’ and assist other departments as needed.
AVAILABILITY: Part Time DPS Officers will be scheduled to work weekends, holidays and special events.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members are required to display a four diamond service commitment to all guest through the delivery and maintenance of our Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Facilitate a safe environment for all Tribal Citizens, employees, and guest of Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Ensure all policies, rules, regulations and laws are followed while on Pechanga Resort and Casino premises.
• Customer Service through guest acknowledgment, knowledge of property and exceeding the expectation of each guest.
• Enforce gaming regulations in accordance with the internal control policy and National Indian Gaming Association.
• Maintain positive communications and relations with all persons.
• Observe and report unusual/unsafe conditions that may compromise the safety of our Tribal Citizens, employees, and guest.
• Provide assistance to patrons and team members as needed.
• Respond to calls for service as requires.
• Conduct bag checks of guests and team members as required.
• Maintain initial records of lost and found items.
• Assist Gaming areas as directed
• Will protect the assets of Pechanga resort and casino.
• Perform operational details as required
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: The DPS Floor Officer position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of 1 year previous experience in Military, Security or Law Enforcement is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, shift reports, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• CA Guard Card (must be completed within 90 day probationary period)
• PC 832 (desired)
• Title 31
• Responsible Beverage
• Responsible Gaming
• Basic knowledge of computers (Microsoft Office applications).
• Must have basic reading and writing skills
• Must have basic typing skills.
• Must be able to speak clearly on a radio.
• Strong customer relations skills.
• Ability to work overtime as required and provide coverage for designated shifts (i.e. grave-yard, swing, day).
• Ability to work in a stress filled environment.
• Ability to work in a smoking environment
• Must have own duty gear.
• Must be able to maintain high level of customer service, while providing a progressive level of public safety
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.