Provides 4-Diamond level service to all guests inquiring about Pechanga Resort and Casino (PRC) in regards to room reservations, golf reservations, dining options and spa treatments. Provides courteous and knowledgeable responses to questions regarding the amenities offered at PRC. This position is responsible for accurately communicating guest’s needs to all departments via multiple communication channels and software systems. Presents PRC in a positive manner and recommends upselling options to increase revenue. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with PRC and departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and service guarantees.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by PRC.
• Answers incoming calls with respect to Pechanga’s core values, service guarantees, and departmental guidelines and maintains pleasant and gracious verbiage and phone etiquette at all times thus representing PRC in a gracious and pleasant manner through all conversations and correspondences; Qualifies and distributes calls to appropriate departments on property; manages in-house and outgoing phone calls to maintain club player relations (i.e. room and event reservations, food and room comps, etc.)
• Solves guest challenges regarding hotel billing, stay opportunities, and general hospitality encounters
• Provides prompt and accurate information regarding events, promotions, activities, entertainment, etc.; both current offerings and upcoming
• Inputs and maintains accurate information in the hotel property management system, golf, spa, pool, and dining outlet reservation system for hotel reservations, golf, spa, pool, dining outlets, including packages, room only reservations, golf tee times, spa appointments, and food & beverage reservations
• Provides cashiering/billing competency in order to process payments, adjustments, and resolve billing discrepancies
• Maintains property knowledge by keeping updated with the information provided in the Pechanga Daily, pre-shift meetings, e-mails, memos, and information found in the property management system to include but not limited to current promotions, packages, room types, room descriptions, room locations, room rates, availability, concerts, events, groups, and any other important information regarding the property or events therein, and be able to promptly assist with guest inquiries regarding any of the aforementioned topics
• Uses existing resources to gather pertinent information relating to the operations of the casino and hotel to answer questions while assisting guests
• Processes group reservations, individual bookings, online bookings, and package reservations with in-house outlets and outside vendors; issues vouchers in Bally’s CMP/software system in response to guest requests of hotel accommodations, meals, and other amenities
• Complies with all PR&C and departmental SOPs and Service guarantees; Evaluates casino player activity in order to make comp decisions for room, food & beverage, and other property amenities in compliance with current policies and procedures; adheres to established yield management procedures with Hotel availability and Casino Marketing criteria set forth in the property management system and resources provided; ensures that all billable services, financial statements, adjustments, revenues, cash and cash equivalents are properly recorded and reported accurately reflected in HMS and any other reporting methods. Thus, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the provisions of Hotel operation internal controls, outside agency regulations, and good business practices; Thoroughly understands and adheres to limits and regulations of proper credit card handling policies, and casino comp regulations, policies, and procedures to properly manage guest accounts regarding credit cards and player accounts
• Ensures a safe and clean workspace and protects the assets of PRC
• Perform additional work related duties as directed by management
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; one year related experience and/or training required; equivalent combination of education and experience may be combined in lieu of educational requirement.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Must be able to provide written communication in accordance with Four-Diamond standards via email and fax to all internal and external guests. Must be able to communicate positively and effectively with guests in respect to describing experiences and be able to sell the resort and upsell different options to all callers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
• Ability to develop close working relationships with The Club and Player Development team members.
• Ability to remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a leader and role model for other employees. Resolve customer concerns and complaints by conducting thorough investigations and determining the most effective solutions all while being efficient and courteous.
• Demonstrates proficient knowledge and utilizes computer programs including but not limited to the Hotel Property Management System, property specific software programs for golf, spa, dining outlets, Microsoft applications and other common utilities
• Ability to maintain departmental requirements for secret shopper calls.
• Must be proficient with Computers, all Microsoft Office software
• Must be able to type 30 wpm
• Must be able to speak clearly and concisely on the phone and in person
• Must be able to describe items in such a way that “Sells” the guest on that particular experience.