DPS Locksmith Apprentice
The Locksmith Apprentice will assist in maintaining all facility locks, doors and key control and card access systems to protect the assets and team members of Pechanga Resort and Casino.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Installs locking system (e.g. doors, door hardware, closures, panic hardware, changes lock combinations, security bolts, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining facilities in a safe, comfortable and operating condition.
• Cuts new or duplicate keys (e.g. building and vehicle keys, file cabinets, desks, cabinets, lost or stolen locks/keys, etc.).
• Repairs various items, systems and/or components (e.g. locks, worn tumblers, shortens tumblers, springs, changes combinations, exist hardware, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
• Inspects facilities, systems and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and identifying necessary repairs and providing an ongoing program of preventive maintenance.
• Fabricates unique locks and locking devices for the purpose of meeting the specialized security problems within the Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Performs minor repair or modifications to door and/or frame for the purpose of ensuring proper closing and security.
• Re-keys locks and changes combinations for the purpose of ensuring security of facilities.
• Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
• Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
• Prepares documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats (e.g. card codes, daily paperwork/log, time and materials, key and material records, key inventory, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information.
• Maintains tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
• Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
• Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Transports a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
• Maintain in good working condition all doors, drawers and drop boxes.
• Attend all training offered through suppliers and vendors as it relates to locksmith duties and products.
• Will protect the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
• All other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: No supervisory requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
At least 1-year experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Efficient in reading and writing English
• Knowledge of industry current “state of the art” concepts and “cutting edge” hardware
• Knowledge and experience with all related hand and machine tools
• Basic Computer skills
• Must be capable of interacting with the general public in a highly professional manner.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.