Pechanga Auto Detail Shop is part of the Pechanga Gas Station and Mini Mart. The Auto Detailer is
responsible for providing excellent service and support to the operation which is open seven days a week.
The Auto Detailer performs daily tasks on automobiles and recreational vehicles according to company
standards or client specifications which may include performing detail inspections, thoroughly washing,
buffing, and waxing exteriors, vacuuming, steaming, deodorizing interiors and keeping records related to
gas levels and the condition of the vehicle. This position requires the individual to have great attendance
and be flexible to work all day shifts.
Pechanga’s Core Values:
We are part of the Pechanga family. We take pride in our core values which are Pride, Passion and
We strive to meet our Pechanga Service Guarantees: Know your Pechanga, Exceed Expectations, Pride in
Appearance, Build Relationships, Acknowledge all Guests
Pechanga Service Agreement:
Pechanga Auto Detailers are at the forefront of customer service. Positive interactions with customers
ensure repeat business in the future. Welcoming an incoming customer with a friendly smile and warm
greeting goes a long way and assures they leave the premises with a positive impression of the
company. Team Members should treat customers with respect, and make it clear that their business is
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of the property at all times (inside and outside the Detail
shop, the pump islands, car wash area, propane station, landscaping, driveways, back patio,
parking lot, register area, and breakroom).
• Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Accountable for the use and care of controlled property equipment (keys and radios).
• Carries out the daily operations of the Detail shop.
• Books appointments.
• Performs transactions on POS system.
• Troubleshoots detail equipment when issues arise.
• Acknowledges every customer with exceptional and courteous customer service.
• Establishes and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with team members.
• Immediately reports any suspicious activity including counterfeit currency, potential theft and
safety or emergency concerns to management if/when they occur.
• Performs pre- and post- service inspections: Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as
dents, scratches, torn upholstery, loose parts and poor mechanical operation prior to service
and inspects vehicle’s detail service after completion.
• Operates buffers, steamers, hoses, vacuums, and other equipment to meet service
• Cleans, washes, and dries interiors and exteriors by hand or with light machinery or tools
• Shampoos and deodorizes carpets, conditions leather, buffs and waxes exteriors.
• Uses cleaning, protective, and restorative agents to maintain and enhance the appearance of
• Applies dressing on tires and tire wells.
• Cleans engine and engine bay compartment.
• Keeps accurate records of vehicle’s condition.
• Operates all tools in a safe manner.
• Moves and parks vehicles.
• Responds to client inquiries and follows through with excellent service.
• Checks in supply vendors and ensure all deliveries are properly received, counted and checked for
• Assists Gas Station with dispensing propane and monitoring car wash operations
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Minimum of one (1) years detailing or related experience required.
• Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions and must be able to operate manual and
automatic transmission vehicles.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• Point-of-service experience is a plus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.