IT Cloud Administrator
The IT Cloud Administrator is responsible for working with IT Operations and IT Development for handling cloud computing services and operations including installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure.
This position is remote-friendly however may require occasional onsite work at the discretion of PRC management.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC).
• Deploy or implement highly available, scalable and secured cloud infrastructure with a focus on AWS
• Collaborate and work with other IT Operation Administrators to migrate and maintain hybrid infrastructure
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
• Expand to Cloud and maintain a DevOps infrastructure through collaboration with IT Operations and IT Development (Focus on the hand-off from Development to Operations)
• Take tested in-house applications and properly implement into production through close partnership with IT Development
• Ensure the data pipelines are maintained between production sources and the Data Lake/Data Warehouse/Cloud environments
• Escalation support of users with applications running in the environment
• Ability to troubleshoot issues related to networking, storage, interdependencies, security, etc.
• Maintain vendor relationships and utilize their support when applicable
• Ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the infrastructure
• Performs other work related duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a constructive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, computer science or related field; and a minimum of (5) years or more of relevant work experience; or Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
• 5+ years of Systems Administrator experience working in Linux and Windows, networked systems and databases required
• 2+ years of Cloud Administration
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. This position also requires the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community. The position also requires the ability to write justification and recommendations along with the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors as required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to accurately interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license from the Pechanga Gaming Commission
• Possess and maintain a valid driving license with an acceptable driving record as defined by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
Advanced knowledge of:
• Linux system administration
• Working in cloud-base environments
• Windows system administration
• VMWare vSphere (ESXi, vCenter)
• Docker and Kubernetes for containerization
• Networking (LAN/WAN)
• Agile methodologies
• Databases (SQL, Neo4j, Kinetica, Logstash)
• Puppet, Jenkins, Kafka and ELK Stack
• Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
• Ability to be self-motivated and resourceful with limited supervision.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and culturally diverse casino environment
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks
• Able to prioritize initiatives and communicate effectively with leadership on these priorities
• Ability to handle complex issues and problems
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.