Lead Massage Therapist
The Spa Lead Massage Therapist performs massage and body treatments ensuring that all spa guests receive a spa experience that exceeds their expectations. The Spa Lead Massage Therapist provides supervision for the massage therapists in the spa. Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and team members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment. Must comply with all PR&C Policies and Procedures
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Understand and adheres department policies and procedures, embraces company and department culture and takes pride in the resort and amenities.
• Maintains a positive, enthusiastic attitude while embracing the company core values.
• Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
• Awareness of guest experience at all times, smiles and makes eye contact, communicates professionally.
• Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction while anticipating their needs.
• Greet customers, review treatments and clarify any questions and make recommendations as related to treatments or retail.
• Ensure guest satisfaction in the spa by performing services that exceed guest and associate safety before, during, and after spa treatments.
• Ensure appointments occur at reserved time with no delay.
• Performs massage and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering that fulfill guest expectations.
• Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure
• Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
• Understands and uses precautions when providing services.
• Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
• Maintains a high level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands that ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests.
• Assists and attends any special events onsite of off-site, including after hours events.
• Remain current on staff licensure and certifications and professional requirements.
• Sets the tone for the therapeutic staff and is responsible for maintaining a positive work environment.
• Facilitates trainings of therapist.
• Mentors therapeutic staff in respectful and honest manner.
• Responsible for promoting positive work environment, and maintaining the cleanliness and professional presentation of all areas of the spa at all times.
• Is actively involved in the operation through daily interaction with both guests and staff.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal/external guests and to identify and resolve guest concerns. Ensure high guest satisfaction in the delivery of services.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during stressful situations, serving as a leader and role model for other employees
• Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance. Attend a variety of meetings and conduct staff meetings or daily pre-shift meeting to ensure timely and effective communication and train new team members.
• Being alert, and using logical thinking to assess a situation where life and safety may be at risk
• Check stocks of supplies and order replenishment; control their use and security.
• Assist with recruitment, screening and training of new team members.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and a great attitude
• Perform all tasks accurately and in a timely manner
• Perform other job duties as assigned by management
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Spa Lead Massage Therapist has supervisory responsibilities including recommendations for hiring, corrective action and team member relation issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This positions requires the ability to articulate, both verbal and written concerns, suggestions and ideas of the daily operations to promote a positive team member and guest experience. Must be able to effectively communicate with peers and Management. Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This positions requires to think logically and calmly, and is able to apply common sense when executing written, oral or diagram instructions, all while maintaining order to ensure our guests’ safety.
This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Hotel Gaming license.
• Valid California State Cosmetology license or State Manicurist license
• Strong computer experience in Word, Excel, and Outlook Ability to communicate in a clear, precise, positive, and professional manner
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Guest service and solution oriented
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
• To perform massages - must possess a minimum of 500 hours of massage training preferably from an accredited/approved massage school.
• To perform facial treatments - esthetician license required.
• May be required to work with dangerous chemicals
• Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays
• Must be flexible with hours and / or shifts
• Previous Spa experience or other related customer service experience preferred.
• Must be able to make decisions as they pertain to day to day operations and in the absence of the Spa Manager.
• This position supervises the spa staff together with spa management.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.