Gas Station & Mini Mart Assistant Mgr.
Pechanga Gas Station and Mini Mart offers a wide range of products and services including convenience, and grocery items, gasoline, propane, car wash, detailing services and quick service Mexican food. The Assistant Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership, training, organization and provide oversight in the absence of the store manager. This individual must be able to identify problems, analyze data and propose solutions while providing excellent service support to the operation which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
with team members. This position requires the individual to have great attendance and be flexible to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Pechanga’s Core Values:
We are part of the Pechanga family. We take pride in our core values which are Pride, Passion and
We strive to meet our Pechanga Service Guarantees: Know your Pechanga, Exceed Expectations, Pride in Appearance, Build Relationships, Acknowledge all Guests
Pechanga Service Agreement:
The Gas Station and Mini Mart Assistant Manager is at the forefront of customer service. Positive
interactions with customers ensure repeat business in the future. Welcoming an incoming customer
with a friendly smile and warm greeting goes a long way and assures they leave the premises with a
positive impression of the company. The Assistant Manager will model respect with customers, and
make it clear that their business is appreciated.
Open and Close Daily
• Conduct daily property walk-through at start of shift. Once completed, create and assign duty list
for team members.
• Oversee open and close daily reports from vault and car wash kiosk and remove cash for deposit.
• Oversee all cash deposits received.
• Oversee process of verification and reconciliation process of petty cash of safes and all tills and
order change as needed. Investigate cash overages and shortage and find out the reason.
• Oversee and audit all cashiers’ paperwork, make adjustments and coach team members regarding
paperwork audit findings. Investigate cash overages and shortages and find out the reason.
• Oversee supervisor’s daily sales report to finance team.
• In SSCS, input fuel deliveries, purchase invoices and daily sales; print accounting reports, verify
discrepancies, process end shift and submit paperwork to auditor.
• Report all suspicious activity including counterfeit currency, potential theft and safety or
emergency concerns to Department of Public Safety (DPS).
• Accountable for the use and care of property equipment (keys, hand held devices and radios).
• Supervise organization and cleanliness of the property at all times (inside and outside, the pump
islands, mini mart, car wash area, propane station, landscaping, driveways, back patio, parking
lot, floors, shelves, coolers, storage areas, eating areas, register area, breakroom and restrooms).
Fuel, Propane and Carwash:
• Oversee supervisors who collect gas price data, update spreadsheet and submit to finance daily.
Send updated prices for team members to casino marketing and update in system and adjust
customer facing price signage. Follow through on process as needed.
• Monitor fuel inventory and respond to any fuel alarms.
• Manage monthly rotation of underground storage audit and conduct underground storage tank
audit as needed.
• Troubleshoot POS, car wash, gas station pumps, propane dispensing station and notify vendors of
any unresolved issues.
• Dispense propane.
• Oversee process of car wash monthly memberships, input in system, process new memberships.
• Partner with casino host manager on activating and deactivating VIP car wash memberships.
• Encode team member badges for the gas discount program.
• Maintain and control stores inventory by ensuring supervisors are following through on process
(prepare, order, and coordinate with vendors to submit mini mart items including food and
convenience items, beverages, tobacco, and alcohol orders for replenishment of inventory. Upon
arrival verify, review, edit, adjust, and investigate inventory discrepancies).
Pick up supplies and products for store as needed from casino warehouse and other retail stores.
• Conduct quarterly physical inventory counts and ensure team members count is accurate.
• Assist store manager with monitoring convenience store profit margins each day and adjust retail
prices for best competitive pricing.
• Maintain vendor relations to monitor new product availability and determine sales strategies
• Manage training schedule and ensure all operational training is up-to-date for each team
• Manage team member schedule and ensure all shifts are covered.
• Oversee Supervisors who will conduct performance reviews, team member notices and corrective actions.
• Respond and provide solutions to customer and team member concerns.
• Write and submit incident report for customers and oversee supervisors for team members as
• Assign duties to supervisors and team members.
• Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Manager.
Education and Experience:
• Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Minimum of three (3) years hospitality, customer service, retail or related experience with
inventory control required.
• Experience with managing team members and great interpersonal and organization skills.
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Strong mathematical ability.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
• Cash handling, Point-of-sale and inventory management software experience required.