Pool Attendant - PT
The Pool Attendant is responsible for maximizing guest satisfaction by providing prompt, efficient and courteous service to all guests at the pool area. Ensure guest satisfaction by maintaining a clean and safe facility as well as informing the guests of emergency fire exits and procedures. Ensure pool safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards and Core Values established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Greet all guests in a courteous manner in accordance with department operating standards
• Recognize and respond to all situations safely and promptly.
• Monitor activities at the pool to prevent accidents; and to ensure safety of all guests while in the pool or pool areas.
• Ensure guests are aware of all services and activities offered by pool operations.
• Inspect, monitor and maintain facilities for cleanliness; performs general pool cleaning and daily upkeep of the pool, pool area, locker and change rooms.
• Caution and educate swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations
• Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health
• Ensure efficient service to all guests by providing all necessary supplies and ensuring availability of supplies is adequate.
• Check stocks of supplies and report to management if replenishment is needed
• Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or unusual events and / or refers difficult situations to their attention for handling
• Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures
• Listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and articulate manner. Answer questions and offer assistance by providing accurate information on any services relating to pool operations.
• Ability to balance and reconcile a cash bank and perform cashier transactions
• Ability to process payment transactions accurately. This includes payments in cash, credit, gift card, comps, etc. and to successfully complete transactions in the appropriate property management systems and applications
• Respond to guest requests for information about the services of the resort
• Maintain required certification current.
• Being alert, and using logical thinking to assess a situation where life and safety may be at risk
• Acts as the pool’s goodwill ambassador to all
• Comply with Hotel policies and procedures as well as all departmental service guarantees
• Maintain a professional demeanor and a great attitude
• Attend and participate in staff / pre-shifts meetings
• Perform all tasks accurately and in a timely manner
• Perform other job duties as assigned by management
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Pool Attendant does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year of related experience working in a pool/resort setting and /or swim instructor training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This positions requires the ability to articulate, both verbal and written concerns, suggestions and ideas of the daily operations to promote a positive team member and guest experience. Being able to remain calm in stressful scenarios and give directions to maintain order and safety. Must be able to effectively communicate with peers and Management.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This positions requires to think logically and calmly, and is able to apply common sense when executing written, oral or diagram instructions, all while maintaining order to ensure our guests’ safety.
This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Class A Gaming license.
• Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays
• Must be flexible with hours and / or shifts
• Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
• Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and team members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.