Front Services Supervisor
The Front Service Supervisor promotes and maintains the utmost integrity and the highest caliber of guest service to all guests within the Hotel operation. This position also supervises the Valet, Bell Desk, and Transportation.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Provide clear direction, instruction, and guidance to guests and Team Members.
• Supervise staff including recruitment, training, counseling, performance evaluation and discipline.
• Listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and articulate manner.
• Organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
• Remain alert and calm, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy activity, serving as a leader and role model for other Team Members.
• Ability to conduct pre-shift meeting and attend and participate in various meeting upon request.
• Monitor performance to ensure workload is distributed and balanced appropriately.
• Develop and recommend short and long term goals.
• Develop and recommend improvements that support business plans improving over all satisfaction.
• Ability to walk or stand for 80% of shift.
• Collaborate with other departments in regards to service issues and guest expectations.
• Access and input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Maintain neat, clean, and well groomed appearance.
• Develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures and make sure all guidelines are being followed.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Front Service Supervisor position has supervisory responsibilities including departmental corrective actions and Team Member relation issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 2 years’ relative experience is preferred to successfully perform this job. A High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required as well. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school is a plus
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other Team Members of the organization.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or Team Members of the organization.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests, and the general public.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license.
• Valid Class “C” driver’s license.
• Great smile and a good attitude.
• Make eye contact while speaking.
• Ability to work under stressful situations being mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges.
• Professional demeanor.
• Ability to supervise and delegate
• Must be willing to work weekends and/or holidays when necessary.
• Must be flexible with hours and / or shifts.
• Working knowledge of property management system.
• Ability to work in hot/cold/wet conditions.
• Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and Team Members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Able to act independently while analyzing data and drawing conclusions from written and computer generated materials.
• Ensures the front entrance is clean, organized and free of health and safety hazards. Reporting and unsafe equipment or unusual situation to immediate supervisor.
• Provide instruction and / or guidance for guest / Team Members in fire or any other emergency situations.