F&B Prep Cook
The Culinary Prep Cook coordinates daily food portioning, basic preparation of food items and support for Line Cooks in their production needs.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in boilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Ensures production of prep items, checks prep list, and inventory on hand vs. projected needs.
• Maintains and operates equipment properly.
• Ensure the proper handling/storage of all products in accordance with standards and sanitation.
• Portions food products according to standard portion sizes and recipes specifications.
• Maintain the standards of preparation and presentation of all food products.
• Stock and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service.
• Protects the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and at least 1 year of previous experience is preferred to successfully perform this job
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Previous experience in food preparation and basic knowledge of kitchen operations.
• Firm understanding and practical application of Health and Safety standards.
• Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
• Must possess knife skills.
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.
• Must possess valid Food Handlers Card.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Qualify to obtain a gaming license.
• Food Handler’s or equivalent Food safety/health card
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.