Reports directly to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, performing various tasks related to accounts payable job functions. This position requires knowledge and competency in accounts payable principles and practices as well as accuracy and attentiveness to detail.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
All tasks related to the accounts payable function as assigned or otherwise stated herein.
• Is responsible for Accounts Payable processes assigned to them including, but not limited to them, receipt of all invoices, sorting, review for approvals, account numbers, discounts and payment terms.
• Must have ability to become proficient on primary A/P systems (Infinium, Stratton Warren).
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Must have working knowledge of AS400 and Windows environments preferred.
• Resolve problems and responds to non –routine inquiries relating to accounts payable records, office policies and operations
• Communicates frequently with outside vendors and internal customers both verbally and in writing on matters relating to Accounts Payable transactions
• Must possess professional phone etiquette and ability to communicate properly via email
• Processes checks for payment and performs weekly and monthly balancing and reporting
• Invoices and credits accounts involved within the Accounts Payable system
• Balance and reconcile Accounts Payable to related General Ledger Accounts
• Prepares properly authorized and approved invoices for payment by batching and inputting into the Infinium, Stratton Warren payable ledger systems
• Prepares A/P packets subsequent to weekly check runs to include purchase order, receiver and invoice and copy of check for DataMagine entry.
• Researches and resolves vendor and /or departmental inquiries on invoice related issues
• Audit Vendor invoices for errors, inconsistencies and special conditions on the invoices and supporting documents
• Prepare and send weekly check registers
• Responsible for processing of manual checks from cage (Jackpot account), verifying for accuracy and approvals
• Able to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible
• All other duties as assigned
• Positively contribute to a team that is willing to execute tasks and responsibilities in an accurate, timely and consistent manner.
• Positively contribute to a team that is able to execute tasks and responsibilities in an accurate, timely and consistent manner.
• Interact with other departments professionally.
• Interaction with tangent departments, Receiving, Purchasing, Warehouse and Inventory Control, is cooperative and productive.
• Be proactive in creating and improving accounting systems, processes, and tasks to help the department meet its responsibilities in an accurate, timely, and consistent manner.
• Support Company and departmental management, leadership, philosophies, beliefs, and culture.
• Sharing best practices with others in the department.
• Communicating all necessary and/or beneficial information to others outside of the department.
• Be highly motivated
• Be resourceful and a self starter
• Be a positive role model.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Work successfully in a fast paced and culturally diverse environment.
• Take minimal direction and be able to complete complex accounting assignments.
• Flexibility including working nights, weekends and holidays when needed.
• Be attentive to detail and accuracy.
• Be highly organized, positive, honest, and a team player.
• Be able to take direction
• Follow through with assigned tasks.
• Open to change.
• The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, as well as applicable regulatory and departmental instructions and documents necessary to perform your assignments.
• Research and respond to inquiries or complaints from internal customers, external customers, regulatory agencies, and vendors related to your assignments.
• Compose emails and other forms of written communications related to your assignments in a clear, concise, and complete manner.
• Communicate information related to your assignments to others in a clear, concise, and complete manner.
• The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Choose the communication method(s) that maximizes understanding by the recipient(s) of your message.
• Document verbal communication, directions, and clarification in a written format as support.
• Maintain documentation in an orderly and standard method.
OTHER SKILLS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Contribute to a positive work environment and good morale of coworkers.
• Understand who their internal and external customers are, what needs they have, and approach them with a guest service orientation.
• Monitor the proper operation of systems, processes, and tools related to your assigned tasks.
• Utilize the tools and systems in your area to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
• Identify tools or systems that are inadequate or ineffective and develop possible solutions to correct, resolve or improve and report the information timely to your supervisor.
• Continually determine if all general ledger systems and processes necessary to meet your assignments are in place and report missing items to your supervisor timely.
• Perform your assigned responsibilities accurately and timely.
• Comply with Pechanga Resort & Casino Standard Operating Procedures when performing all of your assignments.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, EDUCATION:
• 3-5 years of minimum accounts payable experience.
• Gaming and hospitality experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.