Reservation Attendants provide a Four Diamond level service to all guests inquiring about Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) in regards to general information, room reservations, golf reservations, dining options, spa treatments, and comps. Provides courteous and knowledgeable responses to questions regarding the amenities offered at PRC. This position is responsible for accurately communicating guest’s needs to all departments via multiple communication channels and software systems. Reservation Attendant presents PRC in a positive manner and recommends upselling options to increase revenue. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with PRC and departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and service guarantees.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by PRC.
• Answer all calls with respect to Pechanga’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Service Guarantees, and departmental guidelines maintaining a pleasant, gracious verbiage, and phone etiquette at all times and through all conversations.
• Qualify and distribute calls to appropriate departments on property, through a warm transfer to the receiving department/person.
• Manage all in-house calls and follows through on the guest’s request through the utilization of the following systems of HMS, SpaSoft, Front Tee, HOTSOS, CVPS, Comp Cal, CMP, or Open Table.
• Perform outgoing phone calls or electronic correspondence to maintain working relations with guests (i.e. room and event reservations, food, and room comps, etc.) and other departments.
• Solve guest challenges regarding hotel billing, stay opportunities, and general hospitality encounters.
• Provide prompt and accurate information regarding events, promotions, activities, entertainment, etc., both current offerings and upcoming.
• Obtain guest’s information, input, and maintains accurate information in the hotel property
management system, golf, spa, pool, and dining outlet reservation system for hotel reservations, golf, spa, pool, dining outlets, including packages, room only reservations, golf tee times, spa
• appointments, RSVP for casino events/concerts/invites, and food and beverage reservations.
• Perform cashiering/billing/refunds/comping players based on play/Club Dollars, Point redemption, or EzDine, while upholding a competency level in order to process payments, adjustments, and resolve billing discrepancies of movies and mini-bar (Sonfi and Bar Tech).
• Maintain knowledge of credit card systems (Eigen, Shift 4, Celopay) to view all credit card transactions perform from all outlets, hotel, spa, and golf. Create, send, and manage the credit card authorization for guests.
• Arrange and coordinate guest requests for housekeeping items, bell assistances, concierge, and guest room preference, wake up calls, and dinner reservations.
• Maintain property knowledge by keeping updated with the information provided in the Pechanga Daily, pre-shift meetings, e-mails, memos, and information found in the property management system to include but not limited to current room availability, rate calendar, promotions, packages, room types, room descriptions, room locations, room rates, concerts, events, groups, and any other important information regarding the property or events therein, and be able to promptly assist with guest inquiries regarding any of the aforementioned topics.
• Uses existing resources to gather pertinent information relating to the operations of the casino and hotel to answer questions while assisting guests.
• Process group reservations, individual bookings, online bookings, and package reservations with in-house outlets/amenities and outside vendors and ensures the guest receives confirmation letters.
• Evaluate casino player activity in order to make comp decisions for rooms, food and beverage, and other property amenities in compliance with current policies and procedures; after casino player evaluation, issue comps.
• Issue comps in CMP/software system/HMS in response to guest requests of hotel accommodations, meals, and other amenities.
• Adhere to established yield management procedures with Hotel availability and Casino Marketing criteria set forth in the property management system and resources provided; ensure that all billable services, financial statements, adjustments, revenues, cash and cash equivalents are properly recorded and reported accurately reflected in HMS and any other reporting methods. Ensure compliance with the requirements of the provisions of Hotel operation internal controls, outside agency regulations, and good business practices; Thoroughly understand and adhere to limits and regulations of proper credit card handling policies, and casino comp regulations, policies, and procedures to properly manage guest accounts regarding credit cards and player accounts.
• Perform the tasks of the properties PBX operator.
• Correspond with guests via electronic mail and Pechanga Virtual Concierge. Coordinate and arrange guest requests sent via Zingle.
• Ensure a safe and clean workspace and protect the assets of PRC.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; one (1) year related experience and/or training required; equivalent combination of education and experience may be combined in lieu of educational requirement.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to provide written communication in accordance with Four Diamond standards via email and fax to all internal and external guests. Must be able to communicate positively and effectively with guests in respect to describing experiences, and be able to sell the resort and upsell different options to all callers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Ability to develop close working relationships with The Club, Guest Services, and Player Development Team Members.
• Ability to remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a leader and role model for other Team Members. Resolve customer concerns and complaints by conducting thorough investigations and determining the most effective solutions all while being efficient and courteous.
• Demonstrate proficient knowledge and utilize computer programs, including but not limited to, the Hotel Property Management System, property specific software programs for CMP, golf, spa, dining outlets, Microsoft applications, and other common utilities.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to provide clear direction to guests and PRC Team Members of all levels.
• Multitask to complete all guest requests while on the phone with guests.
• Ability to maintain departmental requirements for secret shopper calls.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must have a pleasant personality and present a professional image when assisting all guests, through elevated verbiage and with a pleasant tone.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must possess excellent phone guest service skills.
• Must be proficient with Computers, including all Microsoft Office software.
• Must be able to type 30 wpm.
• Must be able to speak clearly and concisely on the phone and in person.
• Must be able to describe items in such a way that “sells” the guest on that particular experience.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.