Steak House Manager
The Great Oak Steakhouse Manager is responsible for the overall restaurant operation and productivity. The restaurant manager is to manage the restaurant within the policies and guidelines of the Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) to ensure an optimum dining experience and guest satisfaction by maintaining a high level of service and profit maximization.
The manager is responsible for total operational and financial responsibility on all shifts including proper staffing and scheduling, training, updating and printing menus, monitoring expenses including supplies and labor, and revenue enhancement. The manager is expected to work 50-55 hours per week including peak periods including, but not limited to, weekends and holidays to provide overall leadership; recognize and motivate Team Members; coach and train Team Members for operational excellence. Manager directly performs hands-on work on an ongoing basis to train Team Members, respond to customer service needs, or otherwise role model appropriate behavior in the restaurant.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Operate outlet in an atmosphere as specified by Food and Beverage management and consistent with “Four Diamond” service and Pechanga Resort Casino standards.
• Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor to accommodate business levels.
• Ensure proper service as outlined in the outlet’s Standard Operating Procedures and Service Guarantees manuals.
• Table touching through out the restaurant and during the entire shift as much as possible to ensure guests satisfaction and gather any feedback. Must be on the floor monitoring the restaurant operation and guest satisfaction during hours of operations.
• Enforce and train staff on applicable regulations, policies and procedures to enhance revenue and operation of the outlet.
• Monitor actions of Team Members and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations are obeyed.
• Maintain and update wine list as needed. Communicate key wine information to customers and staff.
• Accountable for the implementation of individual performance standards, including the timely review and evaluation of each employee’s performance.
• Address and resolve all guest comments in a timely manner.
• Monitoring and controlling all managers adjust and voids on daily basis.
• Control Profit & loss to meet and/or exceed budget, maintain accurate inventory, manage labor, review financial reports, and take appropriate actions.
• Conduct performance appraisals, take discipline action, motivate, and train Team Members.
• Ensure maintenance of equipment, outlet, and menus based on company standards.
• Ensure food quality and food serving is up to 100% guest satisfaction.
• When necessary, act as service Team Member, hosting, bussing, running, or serving to ensure all guests receiving “Four Diamond” service.
• Ensure adequate staffing levels, schedule, assign stations, and record attendance and Paid Time Off (PTO).
• Ability to instruct staff on a daily basis as to proper uniforms, cleanliness, and personal hygiene, etc. on a daily basis.
• Order supplies to ensure proper par levels including all beverage and service food items.
• Be aware of contemporary nutritional and health requirements of customer base including dietary and safe food restrictions.
• Coordinate and staff for any VIP or private functions in conjunction with other F&B events.
• Ensure a safe working environment for Team Members and to maintain sanitation standards.
• Protect the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and ensure compliant operation.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Great Oak Steakhouse Manager is responsible for the daily, front of the house restaurant operations. This position is also responsible for departmental hiring, corrective actions, termination, Team Member relation issues, forecasting, and budgeting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two (2) to three (3) years related experience as a manager in a fine dining restaurant; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. This position also requires an extensive knowledge of wines.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems while remaining flexible and adaptable to help ensure the desired outcome.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain Serve-Safe or similar certification.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain Tips or similar certification.
• Must have an extensive knowledge of wine varietals, brands, and other viticulture information necessary to provide guests and Team Members with information to enhance the PRC experience.
• Must be proficient in the following software and systems:
- Microsoft Office
- Kronos or similar system
- Micros or similar system
- Infor or similar system
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.