Table Games Shift Manager
The Table Games Shift Manager is responsible for the direct management and problem resolution of table games operations and indirect supervision of employees during assigned shift.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Create and ensure a fun-filled, entertaining, and exciting environment where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount.
• Ensure appropriate and professional care and service are provided to guests and employees.
• Ensure the protection and integrity of all games, currency, chips, playing cards, and other assets.
• Review and maintain the necessary records pertaining to the activities of the Table Games department including daily and monthly review of operations and financial data provided.
• Adhere to and ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, internal controls, and government regulations.
• Monitor and manage staffing levels and labor costs, and optimize utilization of table games including optimizing table minimums and maximums.
• Practice and foster open, clear, two-way communication with all related departments and superiors.
• Make suggestions and recommendations for the enhancement of services and operations.
• Observe and stay current about industry and competitor developments and communicate same to director of table games.
• Manage and oversee the efficient operation of all table games functions and communications with related departments.
• Manage department strategic planning and development.
• Establish, maintain, and ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Establish and accomplish company objectives by recommending strategies to the Director of Table Games for business enhancements, promotions, special events, and guest service improvement.
• Provide ongoing advice, support, and direction to subordinates. Manage work operations and prepare plans to implement change when required. Monitor productivity of each work unit in the department.
• Apply positive communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills with Team Members at all times.
• Proactively manage and direct the performance of the table games Team Members. Provide and recommend training and performance enhancements and evaluations.
• Supervise, direct, coordinate, influence, and persuade employees in order to maintain Company service standards.
• Maintain excellent grooming and personal conduct according to Company standards and ensure subordinates do the same.
• Interact with department and company employees in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit, and ensure effective two-way and cross-culture communications.
• Create daily and monthly gaming reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities may include budgeting, hiring/terminations, Team Member relations issues, mentoring, and corrective actions. This position requires a mindful approach to resource management and is responsible for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college or university is preferred and experience in a table games management capacity at a comparable hotel/casino property; or, a combination of education and/or experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance to successfully perform this job. Must be in an ASM position to apply.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must be able to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Thorough knowledge of all table games that the casino offers.
• Leadership, motivation, counseling, discipline, and training skills.
• Ability to manage multi-cultural staff and to create and maintain a harmonious work environment.
• Excellent and current game protection skills, awareness, and knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
• Ability to adapt to and embrace technological changes.
• Average skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.