Room Service Cash Order Taker
Receive telephone orders from guests and enter them correctly. Ensure courteous, prompt and knowledgeable Order Taking of food and beverage orders to ensure total satisfaction of our guests’ experience. Cooperates with and assists coworkers in achieving goals of the department. Follows all appropriate policies and procedures of the department while striving to improve the standard of operation. All employees will display a 4 Diamond commitment to Customer Service through their performance and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort & Casino. PR&C’s expectations: Service Guarantees, Core Values and being “Simply the Best”
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Answering the phone to take orders from guests staying in the hotel rooms.
• Display full knowledge of food and beverage available in the outlet. Suggestively up sell additional items.
• Correctly enter guest order into point of sale system.
• Complete cash transactions including: making change, counting the cash draw and filling out daily paperwork.
• Help Food Servers set up their tables.
• Hourly Opera checks to maintain updated amenity paperwork and track guest arrivals for on time delivery.
• Complete assigned daily and weekly side work.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Other duties as assigned
The Room Service Order Taker/Cashier position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least 1 year relative experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Gaming License
• Food Handlers License
• TIPS Certification or equivalent
• Proficiency in using a cash register
• Knowledge of basic computer skills
• Ability to learn basic software programs used by the Room Service Department
• Friendly, outgoing personality
• Possess the ability and desire to fulfill all guest requests and needs
• The ability to remain calm and courteous in stressful situations