A DPS Officer’s role is to enforce the highest level of public safety for Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC). They must possess the ability to provide four-diamond guest service while protecting the interests and assets for PRC. DPS Officers are required to report and handle issues that violate PRC standards, policies and procedures; maintain a safe environment for all guests and Team Members, and assist other departments as needed.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members are required to display a four-diamond service commitment to all guests through the delivery and maintenance of our Quality Standards established by PRC.
• Facilitate a safe environment for all Tribal Citizens, Team Members, and guests of PRC.
• Ensure Team Members and guests comply with established policies and procedures.
• Guest Service through guest acknowledgment, knowledge of property, and exceeding the expectation of each guest.
• Enforce gaming regulations in accordance with the internal control policy and National Indian Gaming Commission.
• Maintain positive communications and relations with all persons.
• Detect, report and respond to unusual/unsafe conditions that may compromise the safety of our Tribal Citizens, Team Members, and guests.
• Observe, react and respond accordingly to individuals suspected and witnessed of any illegal activity.
• Provide assistance to guests and Team Members as needed.
• Respond to calls for service and deploy the appropriate resources as required.
• Conduct bag checks of guests and Team Members as required.
• Maintain initial records of lost and found items.
• Assist Gaming areas as directed.
• Perform both operational and administrative details as required.
• Actively participate in ongoing trainings offered by DPS and PRC.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. The Team Member is responsible for protecting the assets of PRC.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A High School diploma or general education degree (GED); prior Public Safety experience or six months to a year related experience and/or training is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• CA Guard Card.
• Title 31.
• Responsible Gaming.
• Responsible Beverage.
• Basic knowledge of computers (Microsoft Office applications).
• Must have basic reading, writing and typing skills.
• Must be able to speak clearly on a radio.
• Ability to maintain strong guest relations skills.
• Ability to work overtime as required and provide coverage for all shifts.
• Ability to work in a stress filled environment.
• Ability to maintain a high level of guest service, while providing a progressive level of public safety.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to stand or walk for extended hours at a time.