Baja Express Cashier PT
Baja Express is a Mexican restaurant located on the Pechanga property which offers a variety of burritos, tacos and authentic Native American food. The Cashier/Cook is responsible for providing excellent service and create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Baja Express is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This position requires the individual to have great attendance and be flexible to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Pechanga’s Core Values:
We are part of the Pechanga family. We take pride in our core values which are Pride, Passion and Professionalism.
We strive to meet our Pechanga Service Guarantees: Know your Pechanga, Exceed Expectations, Pride in Appearance, Build Relationships, Acknowledge all Guests
Pechanga Service Agreement:
Baja Express cashiers is at the forefront of customer service. Positive interactions with customers ensure repeat business in the future. Welcoming an incoming customer with a friendly smile and warm greeting ensures every customer is being treated with respect. Our goal is to provide great hospitality so that each interaction is a positive impression of the company and that their business is appreciated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets guest and creates a welcome atmosphere by providing professional and exceptional customer service.
• Maintains hygiene by washing hands and sanitizing work station throughout the shift.
• Maintains detailed menu knowledge and promotes premium and highlights the differences in our premium items. Helping customers to compliment their order by suggesting items (upselling)
• Professionally takes guests orders and ensures accuracy and processes the payment at the front register and/or drive thru and third-party vendors (doordash, postmates, etc.)
• Processes team member meals according to company cash handling procedures.
• Processes various cash handling procedures (credit cards, gift cards, cash) and policies to remain in compliance.
• Prepares and maintains the EXPO station to ensure food is properly packed according to standards.
• Prepares and stocks work station with accurate ingredients and supplies according to standards.
• Ensures the refrigerators are on and accurately maintained at the correct temperatures to ensure food is fresh.
• Maintains and portions sauces (condiments), refills ice and drive-thru refrigerator along with maintaining front refrigerator
• Prepares and maintains utensils and ensures each work station is clean and sanitized.
• Maintain and sanitize the cleanliness and organization inside and outside of the restaurant (counters, POS and credit card station, tables, chairs, walls, floors, dining room area,, sweep and mop floors inside and outside and remove trash)
• Report all suspicious activity including counterfeit currency, potential theft and safety or emergency concerns to management if/when they occur.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with team members.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Management.
• Hands out orders to customers and provides condiments as needed
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year hospitality, retail or related experience preferred.
• Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• Cash handling and point-of-service experience is a plus.
• Able to solve problem and work calmly and effective under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
• Teachable and flexible to changes.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.