The engineer is responsible for successfully maintaining, and repairing, as needed, all mechanical equipment throughout the facility in accordance with the standards of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Maintains all mechanical and cosmetic items in guest rooms and public areas
• Maintain in good working condition equipment and tools using accepted practices
• Maintain the resort and casino using skills of the trade
• Utilizes available resources to accomplish daily tasks
• Takes a proactive approach in using Best Practices in the building and repair of assigned projects
• Adheres to safety policies and procedures and OSHA regulations using best practices
• Completes assigned projects to accepted standards on time using tools and materials provided
• Protects the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino and maintains confidentiality and integrity when working within the resort and casino
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; Must have four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. The position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. The position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Ability to use, distinguish and know the use of all maintenance tools
• Ability to communicate with all employees and management personnel
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must have basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.