To oversee the daily/hourly operations of the department during a normal 8-hour shift. To ensure guest satisfaction. To ensure procedural observance by line staff. To protect the assets of the company, not only by monitoring and controlling labor, but also in the prevention of accidents, preventing the misuse of company property and overseeing cash handling procedures. To serve as informal liaison between line staff and management. Provide support to line staff in the performance of their duties. Provide supplies and stock necessary to the operation (through warehouse or other providers). Act as representative of the company in the interaction with guests and patrons of the facility. To oversee and ensure adherence to all alcoholic beverage service laws and policies. To maintain a clean, safe work environment by following the Health, Safety and Sanitation Codes of the State, County and Company. Abide by OSHA regulations. To create a climate of trust and integrity in relationships with line staff, patrons and management. To communicate the events of the shift and needs of the department in a clear and concise manner.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Operate Restaurant/Outlet in an atmosphere as specified by manager.
• Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with the restaurants policies and procedure.
• Provide accurate advices, suggestions, and reports for the overall improvement of the food court to F&B Leadership as needed.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work environment by following the guidelines of the Department of Health and Sanitation of the State, County, and Company.
• Communicate needs, concerns, and comments to culinary team.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean, well maintained, and is in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventive maintenance program.
• Adhere to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
• Provide direction and guidance to staff during the shift by following the Codes of Conduct of Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Provide up-to-date information at pre-shift meetings.
• Order and receive supplies to ensure proper par levels and merchandise conditions including all beverage and service food items in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedure and approval of the manager.
• Ensure all Team Members on duty and in appropriate uniform, are well-groomed and adhere to the Dress Code Standards of Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Ensure that all staff are following service procedures by general observations and performing service audits using the Food and Beverage Service Guarantees as a guide.
• Be knowledgeable regarding company policies and procedures by attending all training seminars and using initiative to learn.
• Assist with beverage production and cashiering as needed.
• Assist the bus person as needed.
• Project a positive attitude and “service first” demeanor at all times by following the Codes of Conduct of Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Communicate effectively with staff, guests, and support departments.
• In the absence of management, the Blends Lead will oversee Team Member performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required and at least one (1) year relative experience is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Pechanga Food Handlers Card.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain Responsible Beverage Service certification.
• Proficient with POS system.
• Knowledgeable with the Microsoft Office Suite and specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to learn FSM Purchasing Programs.
• Ability to learn Kronos Time and Attendance System.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons.
• Possess fluent English speaking, writing, and comprehension skills.
• Must possess the ability to address situations in a calm, professional demeanor.
• Ability to adapt to change and to accept change in a diverse workgroup environment.
• Ability to determine the root causes of situations, then make sound judgments regarding guest’s service requests or staff’s concerns.
• Must possess good judgment in making decisions about service issues and Team Member questions.
• Must be able to make good financial decisions based on the circumstances that are present at the time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt