The Food Expeditor ensures all plates are prepared according to order on ticket and presentation of plates is to the Outlet specifications. Must understand timing of the food preparation in conjunction with business levels of the front-end operations. Cooperates with and assists coworkers in achieving goals of Outlet. Follows all appropriate policies and procedures of Outlet while striving to improve standards of operation.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Display knowledge of food and beverage available in Outlet. This includes ingredients and manner of preparation for all dishes and other items served in the Outlet.
• Display knowledge of proper food presentations including handling, garnishing, and serving of all food items.
• Assist guests in a friendly, professional manner and is able to meet their needs. Perform side work as assigned by supervisor
• Follow directions from Manager at all times and communicate effectively.
• Adhere to all rules, policies, and regulations as stated in the Pechanga Team Member Handbook.
• Work as a team player. Is capable of being cross-trained at the discretion of management.
• Promote and work in a safe and clean manner and report all unsafe conditions immediately to supervisor, or take personal responsibility if supervisor is not immediately available.
• Food Expeditors have to be willing to learn about 100% of the menu.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High School Diploma or GED is required; no prior experience or training required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Food Handlers Certificate.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Tips Certification.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must demonstrate excellent customer service.
• Some bending, stooping, and lifting up to 25lbs. DISCLAIMER:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.