Lifeguard responsibilities includes providing professional and courteous service to every guest, ensuring safety of all patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies and promotes order through administrative duties and facility upkeep. Enforce policies, rules and regulations of all pool areas are maintained to make our patrons’ wellbeing and comfort.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards and Core Values established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Greet all guests in a courteous manner in accordance with department operating standards
• Recognize and respond to all situations safely and promptly
• Monitor activities at the pool to prevent accidents; and to ensure safety of all guests while in the pool or pool areas
• Caution and educate swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations
• Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health
• To provide a high level of safety by preventing accidents and saving lives all in scenarios and rescue swimmers in danger of drowning and administers first aid when necessary
• Responsible for the availability and safekeeping of emergency equipment
• Inspect, monitor and maintain facilities for cleanliness; performs general pool cleaning and maintenance duties
• Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or unusual events and / or refers difficult situations to their attention for handling
• Maintain health and sanitation standards of the facility
• Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility, as well acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency
• Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures
• Being alert, and using logical thinking to assess a situation where life and safety may be at risk
• Acts as the pool’s goodwill ambassador to all
• Comply with Hotel policies and procedures as well as all departmental service guarantees
• Maintain a professional demeanor and a great attitude
• Attend and participate in staff / pre-shifts meetings
• Perform all tasks accurately and in a timely manner
• Perform other job duties as assigned by management
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year of related experience working in a pool/resort setting and /or swim instructor training; or 6 months previous lifeguard experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This positions requires the ability to articulate, both verbal and written concerns, suggestions and ideas of the daily operations to promote a positive team member and guest experience. Being able to remain calm in stressful scenarios and give directions to maintain order and safety. Must be able to effectively communicate with fellow Lifeguards and Management.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This positions requires to think logically and calmly, and is able to apply common sense when executing written, oral or diagram instructions, all while maintaining order to ensure our guests’ safety.
This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Hotel Gaming license
• Possession of/or the ability to possess a valid certification in CPR / AED
• Possession of/or the ability to possess a valid Lifeguard and First Aid Certification
• Make eye contact while speaking
• Possess independent, enthusiastic, and energetic demeanor
• Ability to positively interact with the general public
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Ability to use good judgement
• Ability to communicate effectively speak in English
• Ability to withstand high temperatures, heat and sun, and able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary
• Ability to work in a loud and smoke filled environment
• Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures including first aid and standard resuscitation methods
• Knowledge of pool equipment and maintenance
• Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays
• Must be flexible with hours and / or shifts
• Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and team members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment
• Able to act independently while analyzing data and drawing conclusions from written and computer generated materials
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.