The primary responsibility of the VIP Specialist is to provide positive and memorable experiences for our VIP Guests by creating an exclusive, effortless, and personalized visit. This position focuses on building loyalty by ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction in the delivery and execution of services provided during their visit to the Invited Guest Lounge. Establishes and maintains relationships with VIP Guests. Greets and welcomes VIP Guests while monitoring access to the Invited Guest Lounge to only approved guests. Maintains high standards of courtesy, efficiency, and professionalism with the ability to provide problem solving resolution skills. Proficient and extensive knowledge in all systems used (Hotel PMS, CMP, Hotsos, etc.) is required. Comprehensive knowledge of Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) property offerings, locations, amenities, and services provided is a must. Acts as a hotel ambassador for guests and inter-departmental requests and inquiries. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness, supply levels, and upscale environment in the lounge.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Function as an extension of a Guest Services Representative and is responsible to work in all Front Desk locations as needed.
• Acknowledge guests immediately upon entering the Invited Guest Lounge.
• Welcome guests in the hotel lobby while providing lobby ambassador duties.
• Maintain confidentiality of all player accounts.
• Assist guests with booking, changing, or inquiries about reservations.
• Identify player card levels, resolve problems, and make comp decisions.
• Review VIP accounts daily for accuracy.
• Maintain assignment of guest rooms.
• Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of all current promotions and rate plans.
• Responsible for comprehensive knowledge of Pechanga Resort Casino property offerings, locations, amenities, hours, and services provided.
• Respond to guest requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously. Reserve and assign rooms while accommodating special requests.
• Responsible for knowledgeable of hotel room locations, standard room and suite types, room availability, and room rates.
• Respond to guest requests for information about the casino, restaurants, golf course, and other related services.
• Adhere to established yield management procedures with Casino Blocks, Direct Mail, and Special Event blocks.
• Efficiently operate a moderately complex computer system (HMS, Bally’s CMP, etc.).
• Maintain a cash bank by receiving and refunding cash on guest accounts. Complete shift closing accurately by obtaining appropriate approval signatures. Perform revenue drops or due backs from cage to maintain the assigned bank amount.
• Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit card and cash handling policies and procedures in order to manage and monitor all guest accounts to ensure adherence to resort credit limits.
• Ensure all billable services, financial statements, adjustments, revenue, cash, and cash equivalents are properly reordered and reported accurately reflected in HMS and any other reporting methods. Ensure compliance with the requirements of the provisions of hotel operation internal controls, outside agency regulations, and good business practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain a knowledge, comprehension, and compliance with all PRC and Departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Service Guarantees.
• Ensure grooming and uniform standards are maintained according to department standards.
• Develop close working relationships with other departments and divisions to promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a leader and role model for other employees.
• Resolve customer concerns and complaints by conducting a thorough investigation and determining the most effective solutions while being efficient and courteous.
• Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or unusual events, and/or refer difficult situations to his/her attention for handling.
• Familiar with all safety and emergency procedures.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a Hotel/Casino environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of the organization. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to provide clear direction to guests and Team Members at all levels. Ability to perceive quality of work, read material, and review documents; receive instructions and hear inquiries from guests or staff.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to provide clear directions, instructions, and guidance while implementing and maintaining the standard and follow through with assigned tasks.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Ability to read, understand, and evaluate casino play.
• Ability to think independently in making decisions to maximize Guest experience.
• Ability to work independently and use analytical skills to understand detailed guest reports.
• Efficiently operate moderately complex computer applications, including but not limited to Hotel PMS, Bally’s CMP, Comp Calculator, Saflok, Hotsos, Sonifi, and all Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel, as well as strong typing skills with a minimum of 25 wpm.
• Ability to independently plan, organize, and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with a positive attitude and manage stress in a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful, takes direction, and demonstrate follow-through with assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to multi-task and cross train in various positions that pertain to the work load, duties, and services provided and offered by the department.
• Must possess excellent phone guest service skills, professional demeanor, and vocabulary.
• Must have a pleasant personality and present a professional image when assisting guests.
• Ability to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and longer hours when required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.