Banquet Executive Chef
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Pechanga Hotel Casino (PRC) banquet food operation in conjunction with the Executive Chef. Effective management of Culinary Department ensuring that both goals, financial, and quality of food are met. Mentor chefs, sous chefs, and staff on effective performance management skills to ensure the development of a capable work force. Establish project plans and timelines to achieve department goals and objectives. Operate the kitchens in a successful manner as determined by directives. Must maintain high level of quality and professionalism at all times.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Provide leadership and guidance to chefs and Team Members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals according to dietary restrictions.
• Execute an active repertoire of dishes to advance the culinary experience of the culinary staff and chefs and be effective in communicating curriculum to Team Members through ongoing training programs.
• Identify and correct defects, implement continuous quality improvement procedures and maintain highest levels of sanitation and safety in all department areas.
• Execute the financial objectives of the operation to include food cost, labor cost, and controllable expenses.
• Protects the assets of PRC and maintain confidentiality and integrity when accessing Team Member information maintained in departmental files/systems.
• Responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of the kitchen division in meeting set standards.
• Administrative and operational support to the Executive Chef in meeting all divisional set targets.
• Must be able to demonstrate new cooking techniques, recipes, and equipment to kitchen staff.
• Assist in daily operation of the kitchens as needed. Provides all line staff with the necessary tools and equipment for safe food handling.
• Maintain a high level of safety and sanitation.
• Instill budgetary controls using established budget on an everyday basis.
• Assists in supervising chefs, cooks, and line staff in daily operations.
• Assist in planning, preparing, and serving of all food items and menus. Train kitchen staff on the execution of said items.
• Check all walk in coolers and freezers daily to insure proper rotation, storage, and usage of all food items.
• Ability to plan, organize, and operate all of the food outlets on the property
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position is responsible for managing the work of the assigned Team Members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with PRC policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, reviewing, and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Culinary degree from a culinary school; or ten (10) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additionally, at least two (2) years of executive chef experience in a quality hotel, casino, or multi-unit restaurant operation is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Serve-Safe Certification/valid Food Handlers’ Card preferred.
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and Stratton Warren.
• Firm understanding and practical application of Health and Safety standards/laws.
• Knowledge of all aspects of kitchen and culinary operations.
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Familiar with traditional/contemporary methods of preparing and presenting local, regional, national, and international styles of food.
• Ability to cook various types of cuisines to the highest quality.
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.