Guest Services Representative
The primary responsibility of the Guest Services Representative is to provide memorable experiences to our guests. Focuses on building loyalty by ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction in the delivery and execution of services provided guests during their visit. Maintains high standards of courtesy, efficiency, and professionalism with the ability to provide problem-solving resolution skills.
Maintain a cash bank while managing/balancing cash transactions. Comprehensive knowledge of Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) property offerings, locations, amenities, and services provided. Knowledge of all room types, locations’ room availability, comping structure/tier levels and room rates. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness, supply levels, and a safe work environment. Comply with all department service guarantees to ensure quality service. Handle all duties with zeal, integrity, and discretion at all times. Use effective selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services and amenities of the Resort. Ability to work independently and complete work in a timely manner. Keep immediate supervisor informed of all issues and refer to him/her with difficult situations. Communicate effectively using verbal, written, and listening skills.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) property offerings, locations, amenities, hours of operation, services provided, packages, and rate plans.
• Respond to guest requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously during check-in/check-out, and throughout their stay, providing Four Diamond Service.
• Maintain a cash bank by receiving and refunding cash on guest accounts. Complete shift closing accurately by obtaining appropriate approval signatures. Perform revenue drops or due backs from cash cage to maintain the assigned amount of the cash bank.
• Issue discretionary comps based off qualified play and comping limits.
• Create, update, and reprint club member accounts in gaming system.
• Establish and maintain relationships with both external and internal guests of all levels.
• Ability to perform standard check-in/check-out and complete billing within the Hotel system.
• Efficiently operate moderately complex computer systems (HMS, CMP, HOTSOS, ETC).
• Adhere to established yield management procedures with Casino Blocks, Direct Mail, Special Events, and promotions.
• Adhere to credit card PCI compliance polices, and cash handling policies and procedures.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a leader and role model for other Team Members.
• Other duties as assigned.
Accountability: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a Hotel/Casino environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Excellent interpersonal and guest relations skills.
• Ability to read, understand, and evaluate casino play.
• Ability to work independently and use analytical skills to understand detailed guest reports.
• Maintain confidentiality of all player accounts.
• Efficiently operate moderately complex computer applications including but not limited to Hotel PMS, Bally’s CMP, Comp Calculator, Saflok, Hotsos, Sonifi, and all Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel; ability to type 25 wpm.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and provide clear directions, instructions, and guidance while implementing and maintaining the standard and follow through with assigned tasks; provide clear directions to guests and PRC Team Members of all levels.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude and manage stress in a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful, and take directions and follow-through with assigned tasks in a timely manner; ability to work independently.
• Must maintain a favorable working relationship with other departments to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Ability to multi-task and cross train in various positions that pertain to the work load, duties, and services provided and offered by the department.
• Must be flexible to work nights, graveyard, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to stand for 8 – 10 hours at a time.