The EVS Supervisor has the responsibility to direct the work, and keep the casino clean and stocked. The essential function of this job is to keep a nice and clean casino at all times.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Responsible for ensuring all housekeeping duties and responsibilities are completed effectively and efficiently.
• Responsible for overseeing training of EVS personnel.
• Schedule area duties and days off of personnel.
• Oversee trash pickup around customers.
• Oversee cleaning ashtrays and spills.
• Oversee cleaning, sweeping, moping and wiping down restrooms.
• Oversee vacuuming and cleaning carpets.
• Oversee cleaning machines, time permitting.
• Oversee emptying all large trashcans and small cans.
• All other related duties as assigned.
• Will protect the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This EVS Supervisor has authority to make valuable suggestions or recommendations as to departmental hiring, performance reviews, corrective action, terminations, and team member relation issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least three years experience with one year supervisory experience is required/or five years experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• PC knowledge necessary
• Good reading, writing and basic math skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
• Required punctuality and willingness to work
• Experience in stocking preferred
• Ability to operate vacuum cleaner and mops
• Must be able to work all shifts including Graveyard
• Ability to lift up to 35lbs
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.