The General Ledger (GL) Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager/Supervisor. The GL Accountant performs various tasks related to the accounting function, and will assist in the accurate and timely financial reporting and distribution according to Accounting Department standard operating procedures (SOPs). This position requires education, knowledge, and competency in accounting principles and practices as well as accuracy and attentiveness to detail.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Proficient troubleshooting knowledge in AS400 and Windows environments, Infor CloudSuite FSM, accounts payable, fixed assets, global ledger, HMS, Bally SDS, Policy IQ, Infor PM10, Wells Fargo CEO online banking, ATM Banking, and credit card reconciliation applications.
• Perform accounting functions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), and Pechanga Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS).
• Ensure fixed asset additions and deletions are properly recorded.
• Ensure general ledger accounts are accurately reconciled monthly and supported by meaningful detailed schedules.
• Create and maintain an accurate and comprehensive Microsoft Outlook Calendar of recurring tasks in your areas of responsibility in order to protect the department against missed deadlines, turnover, unnecessary learning curves, and wasted time.
• Ensure your areas of responsibility operate in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP), Pechanga Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Control Standards, and Pechanga Resort Casino SOPs.
• Monitor, update, improve, both processes and tasks necessary for responsibilities to be met accurately, timely, and consistently.
• Ensure current and accurate Standard Operating Procedures exist and are being regularly used.
• Participate in the monthly closing process to meet established deadlines while meeting quality standards.
• Assist in creating and improving current accounting systems, processes, and tasks necessary for the department to meet its responsibilities accurately, timely, and consistently.
• Assist in the preparation of supporting documentation for audits subject to the standards set forth by the Accounting Manager.
• Assist in generating month-end closing financial reporting in the Infor CloudSuite reporting format.
• Assist with cash and banking management.
• Other duties as assigned.
Accountability: This position does not have supervisory duties. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other related field is required; minimum two (2) years of accounting experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word), and DataMagine software and AS400. Hospitality system experience a plus (HMS, Delphi, Celopay).
• Strong application of debits and credits, and the month-end close process.
• Must be highly organized and provide attention to detail with accuracy.
• Ensure effective compliance of department and Company SOPs, policies, practices, and directives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
• Read, analyze, and interpret accounting, regulatory, financial, managerial, and legal instructions, journals, pronouncements, reports, training materials, and documents necessary to meet your
responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
• Respond timely and professionally to inquiries and complaints from internal customers, external customers, regulatory agencies, and vendors related to your responsibilities.
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse, fast-paced environment, and be open to change.
• Ability to receive constructive criticism and direction while remaining professional.
• Must be a positive role model who is highly motivated, resourceful, and possesses a strong work ethic.
• Positively contribute to a team that is willing and able to execute tasks and responsibilities in an accurate, timely, and consistent manner; assist with any staffing shortages.
• Be cooperative and productive when interacting with tangent departments across the property.
• Be proactive in creating and improving accounting systems, processes, and tasks to help the department meet its responsibilities in an accurate, timely, and consistent manner.
• Support Company and departmental management, leadership, philosophies, beliefs, and culture.
• Obtain industry knowledge and innovative approaches to suggest improvements in the department.
• Gaming and hospitality experience preferred. Public accounting a plus.
• Must be flexible and willing to work any shift, night, weekend, and holiday.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.