Sr. HR Business Partner
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with management and Team Members. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and Team Members that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The Sr. HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's culture, policies, and practices and the Company’s policies, practices, and procedures. This position will have an assigned portfolio of PRC clients, be committed to providing the highest level of customer service, coaching, and advisement, and operate with consideration to legal adherence and obligations.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units.
• Consult with line management, providing Human Resources (HR) guidance when appropriate.
• Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR Division to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
• Manage and resolve complex Team Member relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of Team Members, reduce legal risks, and ensure regulatory compliance. Partner with legal as needed/required.
• Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Work closely with management and Team Members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
• Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
• Identify training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
• Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Five (5) years of hands-on, HR Business Partner experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the Company.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Intermediate Skills. Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers, and ability to multiply and divide by 10 and 100. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. currency, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Intermediate Skills. Ability to use reasoning and understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems while remaining flexible and adaptable to help ensure the desired outcome.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• SHRM/PHR certification preferred.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, counseling, and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced level Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Microsoft SharePoint; Adobe Acrobat Pro; DocuSign.
• Comfortable with change and ability to adapt quickly.
• Ability to manage a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable workload.
• Ability to guide processes to closure.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and within tight timelines.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast-paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal, state, and tribal respective employment laws preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.