Slot Floor Person
The Slot Floorperson is responsible for providing Four-Diamond service to all Pechanga guests and service requests, and providing basic slot machine maintenance functions.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members must have a commitment to Four Diamond Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort & Casino.
• Pays/witnesses jackpots and hand pays, processing paperwork and adhering to all Title-31/IRS requirements
• Provides change service to guests by maintaining an impressed bank (aka wallet; banking in/ bank out)
• Protects PR&C assets by ensuring machine accuracy with jackpots and/or reporting of any illegal activities.
• Monitors the slot floor at all times for undesirable behavior and is responsible for prompt reporting of the same.
• Ensures all slot machines are functioning properly by performing paper changes, correcting bill jams, responding to service calls and minor repairs.
• Records Jackpot Progressive Meters as needed.
• Maintains and ensures that all slot areas are clean, in good working condition and free of any potential hazards.
• Updates and maintains guest files/data
• Checks out and follows all policies concerning the Bill Validator Cash Canister Content Key
• Follows all policies on receipt and handling of guest Tips.
• Establishes and maintains guest relationships with all guests through regular day-to-day interactions with all internal and external guests
• Responsible for Start/End of Shift, check-in radio, keys, wallet and self-un-assignment of zones.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory or managerial responsibilities, but is responsible for multiple MICS, Title 31, IRS and Cash Handling P&Ps..
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; and at least one year of sales or guest contact experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to speak effectively and in a pleasant manner before guests, groups of guests and/or fellow team members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure (particularly coins, currency, and slot credits), using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
• Class “A” Gaming License
• Basic computer keyboarding skills
• Must be able to use an “in-ear” listening device for radio communications.
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Strong people skills
• Strong ability to handle change
• Positive and friendly demeanor
• Ability to work in a noisy, smoky environment
Ability to push, pull and lift up to 70 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.