IT Cloud Systems Administrator
The Cloud Systems Administrator is part of the Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) Cloud Team, and is responsible for delivering Cloud solutions to the PRC Development team and other PRC departments, based on their requirements. The Cloud Systems Administrator is responsible for building scalable, available and secure architecture solutions, based on architectural standards, availability of services, cost, network, security, storage, and governance considerations.
This position is open to be remote, however may require occasional on-site work.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by PRC.
• Implement highly available, scalable, and secured cloud infrastructure with a focus on AWS.
• Build solutions using AWS design principles and architectural best practices.
• Ensure proposed designed will integrate with all system components and meets the delivery and capacity requirements.
• Enable and support the monitoring, availability, latency, and overall infrastructure health.
• Implement DevOps best practices in accordance with strategic business objectives.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues related to networking, storage, interdependencies, security, and etc.
• Building highly available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, and scalable distributed systems.
• Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the infrastructure.
• Manage other tools including DataDog, Ermetic, Palo Alto PrismaCloud, CloudCheckr.
• Manage Linux based tools, position requires experience with Linux and scripting.
• Writing and enforcement of security policies in a cloud environment.
• Assist in reviewing logs, writing alerts, and tag management.
• Configure and maintain permission sets and access privileges to all cloud resoures.
• Continuously manage the configuration of all AWS org environments and AWS services.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of PRC and for maintaining and providing a constructive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, computer science or related field; and a minimum of (5) years or more of relevant work experience. (5) years or more working in an enterprise level environment designing, building server, storage & network solutions in virtualized environments. (2) years or more experience implementing private/public and/or hybrid cloud solutions. (1) or more years’ experience in container technology like Docker, Kubernetes, or EKS. Or equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. This position also requires the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community. The position also requires the ability to write justification and recommendations along with the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors as required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to accurately interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license.
• Possess and maintain a valid driving license with an acceptable driving record as defined by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
• Advanced knowledge of working in cloud-base environments, Linux system administration, and Windows system administration.
• Experience with:
o AWS, RDS, Redshift, Glue, as well as basics such as IAM, S3, EC2, and Lambda.
o AWS Loading Balancing (ALB, NLB, GLB).
o AWS Security Services (AWS Trusted Advisor, GuardDuty, CloudWatch, Inspetor, WAF, CloudTrail, and SecurityHub).
o Docker, Kubernetes, and EKS.
o Must have high aptitude for understanding packet traces, logs, security event flow, and related technologies.
o Hands-on experience of technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization.
• Familiar with:
o AWS Networking (VGW, TGW, DGW).
o Public cloud and private cloud architectures.
o Docker, Kubernetes, and EKS.
o AWS CLI, PowerShell, Terraform.
o Linux based tools.
• Ability to be self-motivated and resourceful with limited supervision.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Able to prioritize initiatives and communicate effectively with leadership on these priorities.
• Ability to hand complex issues and problems.
• Must be flexible and willing to travel, work nights, weekends, holidays, and be on-call.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.