Facilities Project Manager
The Project Manager is in charge of planning, managing, and coordinating a wide variety of construction projects for Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC). This position is the principal channel of communication to successfully receive and manage issues relating to construction projects between PRC, contractors, sub-contractors, architects, and others involved in the construction process.
• Plan, direct, oversee and manage a wide variety of construction projects, including remodeling existing venues and building various types of commercial and industrial structures, roads, and other items.
• Schedule and coordinate all design and construction processes, including the bidding, selection, hiring, and oversight of general contractors and specialty trade contractors to complete specific portions of the project.
• Manage construction contractors, sub-contractors, supervisors and workers as a representative of the property owner and ensure all work is completed within budget and on schedule.
• Coordinate and manage the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction, making sure the project is completed on time and within budget.
• Given the designs for buildings, roads or other projects, oversee the budget, planning, scheduling, and implementation of those designs.
• Determine the most cost-effective plan and schedule for completing the project and manage change orders.
• Oversee the delivery and use of materials, tools, and equipment; worker productivity and safety; and the quality of construction.
• Manage or assist in obtaining all necessary permits and licenses and, depending upon the contractual arrangements, direct or monitor compliance with building and safety codes, other regulations, and requirements set by the project’s insurers.
• Budget, cash-flow, and schedule projects and provide status on each project on an on-going basis.
• Review and evaluate ongoing project issues to ensure that construction issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated investigated and resolved.
• Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate construction activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all construction projects and manage the construction process and reporting.
• Identify potential areas of construction project risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Provide reports on a regular basis as directed or requested, to keep PRC’s senior management informed of the operation and progress of construction efforts.
• Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential safety violations as appropriate and/or required.
• Monitor the performance of each construction project and manage activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve effectiveness wherever needed.
• All other duties as required.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a management capacity with supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities may include budgeting and forecasting. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Building Science, Civil Engineering, or equivalent preferred. Five (5) to seven (7) years or more of progressive experience in Construction Management; Gaming Industry or a Casino/Resort environment preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be combined in lieu of degree/experience requirements.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane/solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Class A and/or B Construction License preferred.
• Possess an extensive understanding of construction standards and practices, as well as comprehensive understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations.
• Capable of demonstrating and teaching others in organizing and establishing bidding, costing and schedule formats that best communicate critical information.
• Ability to effectively manage manpower and delegate tasks to staff and consultants in order to complete goals, objectives and schedules.
• Strong skill sets in collaborating with other organizational departments such as Facilities, IT, etc., as well as contractors and sub-contractors, and other areas outside the organization.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office and Timberline (or other construction management software).
• Ability to work unsupervised to meet deadlines and work longer hours when requested.
• Ability to effectively work with confidential matters in all areas of the business.
• Professional demeanor and good attitude.
• Ability to work under stressful and confidential situations.
• Ability to draft operational policies and procedures.
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges.
• Ability to work with and manage teams of leaders within the organization.
• Ethical behavior in all areas of professional duties.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.