Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor
Under the direction of the Assistant Manager, the Housekeeping Supervisor manages the work activities of the housekeeping team members to ensure clean, orderly and attractive rooms meet Pechanga Resort & Casino’s commitment to Four Diamond Service and Standards.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Conducts continuous walkthroughs and inspections of all Hotel public areas, guest rooms, and back of house, evaluating performance of staff, monitoring all team members assigned to ensure consistent productivity.
• Follows and enforces all established company and departmental policies and procedures.
• Prepares and distributes all housekeeping assignments and projects, ensuring all assigned duties are carried out according to the departmental standards.
• Reports any facility problems, required maintenance deficiencies and repairs and follows up; Monitors and reports progress to Executive Housekeeper.
• Ensure team member’s grooming and uniform standards are maintained according to departmental standards.
• Ensures strict adherence to key/pager/radio policies and procedures.
• Provides a friendly and courteous guest/team member contact experience. Maintains detailed knowledge of Resort/Casino services and hours of operation. Responds to guest requests and inquiries in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Conducts pre-shift meetings, directs the work force, provides support to staff and delegates job duties.
• Perform administrative functions up to and including disciplinary actions, coaching, training and developing team members, counselling, and completion of team member evaluations.
• Ensure compliance with all departmental service guarantees.
• Maintains a knowledge and comprehension of all rules and regulations contained in the standards manual.
• Conducts interviews and recommends hire of new team members.
• Checks all cleaning aids and equipment to ensure proper working condition and compliance with the company's safety policies.
• Prepares and writes reports, ensuring proper and complete documentation of all incidents are reported.
• Utilizes computer and tablet to check email, create shift reports and place work orders
• Attends meetings, as required.
• Participates in the positive delivery of all company and departmental policies and procedures and the changes to any policies and procedures.
• Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all problems or unusual events and/or refers difficult situations to his/her attention for handling.
• Familiar with all safety and emergency procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
This position is responsible for managing the work of the assigned team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Three to six months related experience and/or training
• Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
• Basic computer experience required; experience with Outlook, Microsoft suite and Halogen preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Pechanga Gaming Commission
• Standing for approximately 90% of shift
• Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgement.
• Ability to remain alert throughout the duration of the shift and remain calm during emergency situations.
• Light Lifting up 25 pounds – Infrequently
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.