IT Cloud Network Engineer
The Cloud Network Engineer is part of the Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) Cloud Team, and is responsible for delivering Cloud solutions to the PRC Development Team and other PRC departments based on their requirements. The Cloud Network Engineer is responsible for building scalable, available, and secure architecture solutions based on architectural standards, availability of services, cost, network, security, storage, and governance considerations.
This position is open to be remote, however may require occasional on-site work.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Build and maintain highly available network infrastructure across AWS and all data centers.
• Current experience in SDWAN design and engineering principles.
• Manage, design, and build advanced networking implementations with an expertise in SilverPeak technology (EdgeConnect).
• Configure, troubleshoot, and execute networking/firewall configurations for complex multi-cloud and multi-region solutions.
• Understand cloud infrastructure and on-prem network designs, including network segmentation and security solutions.
• Assess the network security gaps and recommend solutions, along with keeping up knowledge on cloud network security.
• Participate in post-mortem investigation of network and security incidents.
• Collaborate and provide input with cloud security team in the areas of Risk Management, Compliance, and Incident Response to establish and enforce security policies for the network cloud environment.
• Promotes and facilitates effective communication between the Security Engineering, Architecture, Operations, and other departments and/or business units.
• Implement, support DevOps toolsets e.g., configuration management, automation, containers, and CI/CD.
• Other duties as assigned.
Accountability: This position does not have supervisory duties. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, computer science, or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years or more of relevant work experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
• 10+ years working in an enterprise level environment designing and building server, storage, and network solutions in virtualized environments.
• 10+ years of experience implementing private/public and/or hybrid cloud environments.
• 1+ year experience in container technology like Docker, Kubernetes, or EKS.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. This position also requires the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community. The position also requires the ability to write justifications and recommendations, along with the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors as required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to accurately interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as defined by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
Advanced knowledge of:
• Working in cloud-based environments.
• Linux system administration.
• Enterprise network engineering.
• AWS Direct Connect and AWS PrivateLink.
• AWS VPC, IAM, S3, EC2, and Lambda.
• AWS Load Balancing (ALB, NLB, GLB).
• AWS Security Services (AWS Trusted Advisor, GuardDuty, CloudWatch, Inspector, WAF, CloudTrail and SecurityHub).
• Docker, Kubernetes, and EKS.
• Must have a high aptitude for understanding packet traces, logs, security event flow, and related technologies.
• Network Security – IPS/IDS, Zone Based Firewalls, Policy-Based Routing.
• IP Routing: BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
• Hands-on experience with SilverPeak SDWAN solution.
• Experience with VXLAN, Cisco CSR, and Nexus 9K.
• AWS Networking (VGW, TGW, DGW).
• Public cloud and private cloud architectures.
• AWS CLI, PowerShell, Terraform.
• Linux based tools.
• Ability to be self-motivated and resourceful with limited supervision.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate effectively with leadership on these priorities.
• Ability to handle complex issues and problems.
• Must be flexible and willing to travel, work nights, weekends and holidays, and be on-call.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.